Christ came to save sinners. Some believe Christ came only to save the elect. So would that make the elect the only sinners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul wrote the following:

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. - 1 Tim 1:15

Paul also wrote:

Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. - 2 Tim 2:7

But some teach that Jesus Christ only died for the elect. Would that then lead to the conclusion that all the elect are sinners? And if that is correct, then the rest of mankind are not sinners. So that is obviously not true. Also then God would be putting the non elect in hell, yet they did not sin. But that is not true also.
Christ Jesus came into the word to save sinners.
Calvinists say Christ came only to save the elect.
That makes only the elect sinners. And that is not true.

Christ Jesus came into the word to save sinners.

Scripture teaches "Christ Jesus came into the word [sic] to save sinners".

Scripture does NOT teach, "Christ came into the world to save ALL sinners".

Nope, it doesn't say that.

Calvinists say Christ came only to save the elect.

It's what the Bible teaches.

That makes only the elect sinners.

False.
The statement, "Christ came to save sinners" was not intended to "identify" who Christ saved. (I believe, or at least hope, you don't believe Christ saved all sinners. Do you?)

It was intended to describe the TYPE of people Christ came to save.

If a man marries 5 women over his life, and says, "I came to marry women."
Does that mean that none of the females on Earth are women, except for the 5 he married?

OF COURSE NOT!

If you want to play the, "But it does not say" game...

"It ALSO does not say, "ALL sinners".
Then sinners then would almost always mean all sinners.
For example, how Christ died for our all sins. Note that all is missing but Christ did die for all our sins.

Then sinners then would almost always mean all sinners.

I see..
So you feel the need to ADD to God's "perfect word" in order to defend your false beliefs. You do realize that anyone who adds to God's word (as you do) is cursed (Rev. 22:18), right?

May God have mercy on your cursed soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back