Christ came to save sinners. Some believe Christ came only to save the elect. So would that make the elect the only sinners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Who is "our" in the above?

2) Did Christ die for the sin of unbelief? Do you believe that everyone will be saved?
In that passage it is all because the gospel is preached to all.
Paul preached to Jews that ended up believing and those that did not and Paul preached that Christ died for our sins.
Most do not believe.

23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
Acts 28:23-31

In that passage it is all because the gospel is preached to all.

That doesn't really follow.
Clearly you've never studied logic.

Paul preached to Jews that ended up believing and those that did not and Paul preached that Christ died for our sins.

You STILL haven't demonstrated who "are" is.
Let me point you in the right direction, okay?
You're presumably quoting 1 Cor. 15:3.
Who was 1 Corinthians written to?
Do you even know?

That doesn't really follow.
Clearly you've never studied logic.

You STILL haven't demonstrated who "are" is.
Let me point you in the right direction, okay?
You're presumably quoting 1 Cor. 15:3.
Who was 1 Corinthians written to?
Do you even know?
Paul called those Jews, some who would believe and some who would not, and preached the gospel of Christ and therefore said to both groups "how that Christ died for our sins".

Paul called those Jews, some who would believe and some who would not, and preached the gospel of Christ and therefore said to both groups "how that Christ died for our sins".

He was writing to the (already saved) Corinthians.

You haven't demonstrated that he told ANY unbelievers, "Christ died for your sins".

No verse of Scripture commands us, or is an example of, anyone going up to unbelievers telling them, 'Christ died for YOUR sins, so you need to believe".

He was writing to the (already saved) Corinthians.

You haven't demonstrated that he told ANY unbelievers, "Christ died for your sins".

No verse of Scripture commands us, or is an example of, anyone going up to unbelievers telling them, 'Christ died for YOUR sins, so you need to believe".
And Paul preached them that same gospel to Jews, some who believed and some who did not.

In fact, all those that preach the gospel of Christ should use 1 Cor 15:3-4. And some believe and some do not believe.
The same happened when Paul preached at other times in Acts.

In fact, all those that preach the gospel of Christ should use 1 Cor 15:3-4.

Why? You are not inerrant, so why should anyone care about your errant opinion?

Your assertion that we should approach unbelievers by pretending they are believers is frankly irrational.

I prefer to preach as Jesus did, "If you believe, you will be saved."

Why? You are not inerrant, so why should anyone care about your errant opinion?

Your assertion that we should approach unbelievers by pretending they are believers is frankly irrational.

I prefer to preach as Jesus did, "If you believe, you will be saved."
See. Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles who got what he wrote from Jesus Christ.
I have noticed few actually preach 1 Cor 15:3-4 as the gospel of Christ declared.
See what the new versions have done.

See. Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles who got what he wrote from Jesus Christ.
I have noticed few actually preach 1 Cor 15:3-4 as the gospel of Christ declared.
See what the new versions have done.

Why do you errantly blame that on the translations?

Why do you errantly blame that on the translations?
Because almost none recognize Paul as THE apostle of the Gentiles. New versions change the to an.
And because almost none know they are to rightly divide.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. - 2 Tim 2:15

I will say that there are many King James Bible churches who do not righty divide or recognize Paul as the apostle of the Gentiles, Which is kind of weird since they supposedly believe every word in the KJB.

Wrong.

God gave Paul as "AN" apostle to the Gentiles.

The KJB ERRANTLY changed it to "the".
Wrong again.

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. - Gal 2:7-9

Because almost none recognize Paul as THE apostle of the Gentiles. New versions change the to an.
And because almost none know they are to rightly divide.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. - 2 Tim 2:15

I will say that there are many King James Bible churches who do not righty divide or recognize Paul as the apostle of the Gentiles, Which is kind of weird since they supposedly believe every word in the KJB.
Are you appealing to

Romans 11:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Interrestingly the NIV agrees

(NIV) I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry

but the NKJV disagrees

(NKJV) For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,

Are you appealing to

Romans 11:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Interrestingly the NIV agrees

(NIV) I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry

but the NKJV disagrees

(NKJV) For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
Thanks for posting. The NIV does say Paul is the apostle and the NKJV says an apostle. It is a mixed bag with new versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back