Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross

cannibalistic interpretation would be the Romans of His day due to their lack of understanding

Since the accidents remain, there is no cannibalism
Yep it is the pagan practices that the RCC has syncretized into the truth and means it is a lie. The bread and wine do not change otherwise those evil priests would be dropping down dead or very sick.

1. Jesus would not break the commandment or insist his followers do so. Even in the NT it is forbidden to drink blood.
  2. Jesus was at a meal that was symbolic.
  3. If it was real blood he would have cut his wrist and got real blood.
  4. If it was real, those evil priest would be dropping dead like flies after they were prayed with insect repellant.
  5. Jesus calls it the fruit of the vine, not my blood see Mark 14:24 “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,” he said to them. 25 “Truly I tell you, I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
  6. Jesus had not yet shed his blood, that happens on the cross.
  7. Paul is clear it is a memorial. 1 Cor 11: 2 This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me When Jesus said the apostles are salt or that they were lights, he was speaking symbolically. Matt 5:13+
  8. It is clear that Jesus was not saying to the apostles they were salt or a light in a literal sense: “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden
  9. Jesus says he is a door, this is also not a literal door. Jesus says Peter is satan.
  10. Hmm if the meal is important and the both the bread and wine are literal, why oh why for years was the priest the only one to drink the wine.
  11. John 16:25 “Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. This shows He has been speaking figuratively for some time.
  12. Luke says it is commenorative. Luke 22:19 "And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
  13. Bread is very symbolic in scripture it can be used for belief or as in the case of yeast it can represent sin.
  14. Symbolic language is used throughout the whole of scripture. In the OT and the NT.
  15. If you say Jesus using I am the bread is literal, then all the other I am verses must be interpreted the same way literal. This is a problem as Jesus says I am the door, I am light, I am the vine etc.

Then why aren't you listening to Christ?

We have and are listening to Christ. We non-rc's trust Him to save us. Over and over and over Scripture tells us to trust in Him. There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God.

I also believe Christ when He said "This is my body." Just like I believe He was factual when He said "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work." (John 4:34)

The word "alone" is as present in that verse as it is in Romans 3:28. I recall that there were some Catholic complaints when Luther used "alone" in his translation.
I thought of that too, Johan. :)

Then why aren't you listening to Christ?

Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you DO NOT HAVE LIFE within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day. For MY FLESH IS TRUE FOOD, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
We are--which is why we are not Catholics.

We have and are listening to Christ.
This is my body
I will give YOU [Peter] THE KEYS to the kingdom of heaven.
Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained
Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves
Whoever listens to you listens to ME
they will hear my voice, and there will be ONE FLOCK, ONE SHEPHERD.
one body, one spirit, one faith

This is my body
Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained
Cobbling together a bunch of unrelated verses is the best catholics have. Not convincing in the least.

This is my body

You have nothing to boast about. Rc's do NOT listen to God when He says....

Exodus 20:4-5
You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them;

Luke 4:8
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’

rc's carve a statue out of wood, that in spite of having eyes and ears, can neither see, or hear or even move itself. And worship it. You might feign ignorance, but you certainly can't claim that what I have shown here as false or a lie.

You didn't like those verses?

No, he does not like you mashing together different verses in a hodge-podge.

What you did is similar to quoting:

"Judas went out and hanged himself. And Jesus said, Go and do thou likewise."

It is a blasphemy to God when Catholics take Scripture, and cut it up into little pieces, and rearrange it to make their own personal message, like some kidnapper making a ransom note out of newspaper articles.

Back