DeSantis Is in

They could have done even better in the private sector on average. the NY Times is cherry-picking. They did not analyze the stock holdings of ALL congressmen, did they?
Congresscritters are renowned for their saintly self sacrifice. It's a fact.

and there we have it folks, right-wing “policy” in a nutshell

They know there is not a voter fraud problem, yet they want to put restrictions on voting anyway.

It's a problem when it does happen. Which....it absolutely does. Imagine having your vote not count because someone "stole" your vote because your district didn't have any measures to stop it? You wouldn't think it's not a problem then.

The number of women who get abortions because of incest is unbelievably small - a fraction of a fraction of a percent. So it's not a "problem" that needs "fixing", right?

Oh wait......

So the Democrat-controlled and dominated governorship and legislature - which could have passed virtually anything they wanted..
Perhaps the mass transit project was not so popular among some of the Democrats, and they needed some Republican support to pass it.

- needed to agree to something that they absolutely hated..
They would not necessarily hate it if the law was flexible enough to allow many kinds of ID that were easier to get. Not all vote ID requirements are the same.

Personally, I'll choose to believe my elected official, since it's really in everyone's best interest that people who vote are actually the people who are legally registered to vote.
There is a difference between being legally entitled to vote and being able to prove you are legally entitled to vote. Personally, I'll choose to believe my neighbors when they say they are legally entitled to vote and their name appears in the registry. It's really in everyone's best interest that no unnecessary impediments be placed in the way of voting.

Don't forget, Democrats USED to be for this kind of thing, and it was Republicans who opposed it, generally on the grounds that they didn't want government authority to expand. Just like Democrats USED to be for defining marriage as being between one man and one woman, and how Democrats USED to sound just like modern Republicans when it came to the border and immigration.
Labels change. Democrats used to be the conservatives in the South who wanted to keep slavery the way it was and Republicans were the brand new liberal party of Lincoln that believed in changing things so that slaves were free. Now "conservative" is a bad word among Democrats and "liberal" is a bad word among Republicans.

Congresscritters are renowned for their saintly self sacrifice. It's a fact.
It's all relative. I wouldn't call them saintly, but they are more self-sacrificing than CEO's of multi-national multi-billion dollar companies, or real estate developers.

It's all relative. I wouldn't call them saintly, but they are more self-sacrificing than CEO's of multi-national multi-billion dollar companies, or real estate developers.

Do you have evidence for this?

It's a problem when it does happen. Which....it absolutely does. Imagine having your vote not count because someone "stole" your vote because your district didn't have any measures to stop it? You wouldn't think it's not a problem then.

The number of women who get abortions because of incest is unbelievably small - a fraction of a fraction of a percent. So it's not a "problem" that needs "fixing", right?

Oh wait......
The system is fine.

There is very little voter fraud. Right-wingers use voter fraud as a boogeyman to rationalize their voter suppression attempts and their absolute insanity and violence after their Orange Cult Leader lost the 2020 election.

Why should I have to answer a question that no one else answers about their opinions?
OK, I'll pencil you in as "No, I have no evidence for my opinions." Thank you.

Clue for ya: other people DO have evidence for their opinions, and give it.

Perhaps the mass transit project was not so popular among some of the Democrats, and they needed some Republican support to pass it.

They would not necessarily hate it if the law was flexible enough to allow many kinds of ID that were easier to get. Not all vote ID requirements are the same.

There is a difference between being legally entitled to vote and being able to prove you are legally entitled to vote. Personally, I'll choose to believe my neighbors when they say they are legally entitled to vote and their name appears in the registry. It's really in everyone's best interest that no unnecessary impediments be placed in the way of voting.

Labels change. Democrats used to be the conservatives in the South who wanted to keep slavery the way it was and Republicans were the brand new liberal party of Lincoln that believed in changing things so that slaves were free. Now "conservative" is a bad word among Democrats and "liberal" is a bad word among Republicans.

Bill Clinton sounding like a MAGA right winger on the issue of immigration and the southern border was like 25 years ago. Not 160 years ago. Come on.

There are Democrats right now pushing for some form of voter ID - albeit not the kind of photo ID laws favored by Republicans. But the question remains: why would Democrats want ANY voter ID laws of ANY kind, when those laws would, by their own arguments, put up even small barriers to voting among their own constituents?

What could possibly be their motivation?

The system is fine.

There is very little voter fraud. Right-wingers use voter fraud as a boogeyman to rationalize their voter suppression attempts and their absolute insanity and violence after their Orange Cult Leader lost the 2020 election.

After watching the Democrat party try to suppress votes in the Florida panhandle, not to mention (though I just did) suppressing military ballots (both of which which typically skew Republican), during the 2000 presidential election, I don’t want to hear anything about Republican vote suppression.

And do you think that political parties, during presidential elections, DON’T try shenanigans to influence the election results? Really?

Omg you are so naive. LOL

Bill Clinton sounding like a MAGA right winger on the issue of immigration and the southern border was like 25 years ago. Not 160 years ago. Come on.

There are Democrats right now pushing for some form of voter ID - albeit not the kind of photo ID laws favored by Republicans. But the question remains: why would Democrats want ANY voter ID laws of ANY kind, when those laws would, by their own arguments, put up even small barriers to voting among their own constituents?

What could possibly be their motivation?
I told you the possible motivation. To get a concession for some other legislation. I see no evidence that Democrats are "pushing" for any voter ID.

Why can’t I say it’s because they don’t care? Do you know that that’s not why blacks don’t vote at the same rate as whites?

My sister worked at a polling place when Obama ran. They were swamped with black voters who admitted they were not familiar with voting.
I’m not saying that IS the reason why.

We don’t really have voter ID laws right now in most states. So why do blacks vote in lower percentages, with that not being a barrier for most of them?

Also…. Nobody has answered my question: if ID requirements are an impediment to black voting, and if democrats are the primary opponents of ID requirements, why in my Democrat-dominated state and town do we have voter ID requirements, implemented by democrats?

Why would they put those requirements in place?

Any ideas anyone?

The system is fine.

So you offer parrott stew instead of evidence.

My sister worked at a polling place when Obama ran. They were swamped with black voters who admitted they were not familiar with voting.
My dog is an optometrist. He sold Sarah Palin her glasses. He said that she used to clean them with a little spray bottle of Windex.

Windex has ammonia and detergent in it. Science outsiders don't know about ammonia.

Smells funny. Ions.

Back