Difficult Scriptures for Arminians

christ_undivided

Rom 14:3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him.
Rom 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Notice the words "he will be upheld".

Yet that is what Arminianism does. It judges another man's servant while God sees His relationship with His servant.

Last edited:
Rom 14:3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him.
Rom 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Yet that is what Arminianism does. It judges another man's servant while God sees His relationship with His servant.
We are to judge one who teaches false doctrine, not judge one for what he eats.

Eating was only an example. These applies to more than just eating. It is the attitude that one brother has towards another. With which Arminians have a very hard time with.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Also, I never said anything about not judging false doctrine. Please do. Yet, you have no right to condemn me personally. I name the name of Jesus Christ. I am continually expressing faith in Jesus Christ.

There are several here judging my position in Jesus Christ because I've said that still sin. I believe you are aware of this.

Eating was only an example. These applies to more than just eating. It is the attitude that one brother has towards another. With which Arminians have a very hard time with.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Also, I never said anything about not judging false doctrine. Please do. Yet, you have no right to condemn me personally. I name the name of Jesus Christ. I am continually expressing faith in Jesus Christ.

There are several here judging my position in Jesus Christ because I've said that still sin. I believe you are aware of this.
When have I judged you for anything outside of false doctrine?

Example #2.

1Co 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Notice the severe judgement of this person among believers in Corinth. This person was committed to death.

However, the Scriptures says that His spirit will be saved in the day of our Lord Jesus.

we can't know another's heart -- therefore the difficulty in judging another

fairly and correctly - in whole ... not in part... "for we know in part and .... "

Last edited:
Example #3.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

The typical response from an Arminian is.... "No man can get you out, but you can get yourself out".

Problem. Same power applies. If no man is powerful enough to "pluck" them out, then how am I powerful enough?

Can a person escape God?

1 Corinthians 8:2
The one who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know.

line upon line, level upon level... but we don't yet see the whole. we don't see like God

Last edited:
Example #3.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

all theses names should be dropped... and we should seek the truth from God

they could rename this section of the website: Seeking Truth -- from God

Last edited:

So you judge all because of some

How are you not violating the very thing you rail against?

So you judge all because of some

How are you not violating the very thing you rail against?

That isn't what I said. I never judged your position in Christ. However, you judge mine. There is no comparison here. I even told peanut to judge false doctrine. Please do. Have at it.

You might want to read a little before you answer.

That isn't what I said. I never judged your position in Christ. However, you judge mine. There is no comparison here. I even told peanut to judge false doctrine. Please do. Have at it.

You might want to read a little before you answer.
I did not judge you at all

I don't know you

I made no comments about you sinning

I only know what you stated and

Most Non Calvinists I know of would not claim to be sinless

I did not judge you at all

I don't know you

I made no comments about you sinning

I only know what you stated and

Most Non Calvinists I know of would not claim to be sinless

I know you believe that sin separates believers from Jesus Christ. There is no need to "play coy". Might I remind that you didn't know me and you accused me of judging all because of some. Might you do the same with the term "Calvinist"?

we can't know another's heart -- therefore the difficulty in judging another

fairly and correctly - in whole ... not in part... "for we know in part and .... "
Are you saying we ought not to judge false doctrine?

I know you believe that sin separates believers from Jesus Christ. There is no need to "play coy". Might I remind that you didn't know me and you accused me of judging all because of some. Might you do the same with the term "Calvinist"?
I judged your words not you

and all believe sin is what separated man from God

but as i stated I believe Most Arminians will confess to having sinned

and I do not hold your confession as evidence of you being unsaved

Back