Difficult Scriptures for Arminians

If you say you are trying to get away from God. then you believe God exists. You have that much faith concerning Him.
Psalm 139 is not about the relationship we have thru the indwelling of Christ, it is a truth about God's omnipresence.

And yes, I am convinced that when we are in His hands, in that particular sense of being saved, we are secure. He put us there because we believed. We did not put ourselves there, we received what He offered.

But you believe you can get out.

2 sincere questions.

1. Why would you want out?
2. God will chase you and how do you expect to get away..... Does God not chase you at all?

I can tell you from experience. God chased me. God chased Elijah down to the river and reminded him that He is still there in that small voice that comforts us all. That is a Holy, Spiritual thing. Without sight. When everything looks at its worst. God is at His best.

But you believe you can get out.

2 sincere questions.

1. Why would you want out?
2. God will chase you and how do you expect to get away..... Does God not chase you at all?

I can tell you from experience. God chased me. God chased Elijah down to the river and reminded him that He is still there in that small voice that comforts us all. That is a Holy, Spiritual thing. Without sight. When everything looks at its worst. God is at His best.
An old writer. don't know who, called God the hound of heaven, because he saw that God would track us down no matter where we hid.
I was taught and still see clearly in scripture that receiving salvation is a decision to entrust God. That is when God indwells us and He himself becomes our eternal Life within. There are verses that could be understood to mean that for His own reason, He terminates the relationship, but since that does not fit well with the Bible as a whole, I have to keep thinking about those types of verses and understand what is being said.
But at this point my understanding is, if I decide to entrust myself to Christ and receive Him, I have made an eternal transaction, and no man can wield any power that can separate me from Christ

thank your man Augustine

but Islam has more converts if what I am reading is correct

Monsignor Vittorio Formenti, who compiled the Vatican’s newly-released 2008 yearbook of statistics, said Muslims made up 19.2 percent of the world’s population and Catholics 17.4 percent.

kind of strange if God is determining all things
I will thank him. Absolutely. His contributions to the western church are immeasurable.

This of course assumes God has no purpose if Islam is getting more converts.

An old writer. don't know who, called God the hound of heaven, because he saw that God would track us down no matter where we hid.
I was taught and still see clearly in scripture that receiving salvation is a decision to entrust God. That is when God indwells us and He himself becomes our eternal Life within. There are verses that could be understood to mean that for His own reason, He terminates the relationship, but since that does not fit well with the Bible as a whole, I have to keep thinking about those types of verses and understand what is being said.
But at this point my understanding is, if I decide to entrust myself to Christ and receive Him, I have made an eternal transaction, and no man can wield any power that can separate me from Christ

I'm glad you are receptive to reconsider. Many are not. I try to be open to correction and acceptance of the truth no matter what that means.

I once knew a minister. A good friend at the time. We had a huge disagreement on a particular doctrine. I told him that I was willing to have others judge our disagreement in accordance with

1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

He told me that our disagreement would cause too much division and he didn't really care who was right or wrong enough to cause that division. That made me wonder just how many times that has happened throughout history. Compromise after compromise.

I'm glad you are receptive to reconsider. Many are not. I try to be open to correction and acceptance of the truth no matter what that means.

I once knew a minister. A good friend at the time. We had a huge disagreement on a particular doctrine. I told him that I was willing to have others judge our disagreement in accordance with

1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

He told me that our disagreement would cause too much division and he didn't really care who was right or wrong enough to cause that division. That made me wonder just how many times that has happened throughout history. Compromise after compromise.
I have experienced that too. I had an aunt who led women's Bible studies and was an excellent teacher. She was my first real teacher and I was allowed to join the study as she discipled all of us. years later I discovered a certain doctrine in the Bible which was contrary to what anyone had taught me, and so I told her, her response was "Yes, I see that you are right, but it would upset too many people and it is not a major doctrine, so I won't teach it."
One reason for that was her God given ministry. She was not teaching just to impart info; she was teaching us how to live, and that point of doctrine was not relevant to that in her estimation.
My drive is to understand the Word. What I do with it is important, but when i teach, my focus is on clarity, I think because, I do not have a pastor's heart

I have experienced that too. I had an aunt who led women's Bible studies and was an excellent teacher. She was my first real teacher and I was allowed to join the study as she discipled all of us. years later I discovered a certain doctrine in the Bible which was contrary to what anyone had taught me, and so I told her, her response was "Yes, I see that you are right, but it would upset too many people and it is not a major doctrine, so I won't teach it."
One reason for that was her God given ministry. She was not teaching just to impart info; she was teaching us how to live, and that point of doctrine was not relevant to that in her estimation.
My drive is to understand the Word. What I do with it is important, but when i teach, my focus is on clarity, I think because, I do not have a pastor's heart

Don't rule out the fact that people don't want to let others know they've been wrong.

Don't rule out the fact that people don't want to let others know they've been wrong.

Wrong for living .....

Here is the improve .....

Son ..... you have stolen a piece of candy; now you can never be.

Kind of extreme ..... want to get more extreme ....

Breathing is out.

All where baptized unto to Moses in the flood..... :)

Just kidding. Confirmed, does that = Catholic. Just asking.

Yes. I'm baptized. Not that it adds up to anything.

So expalin then ......... or not.

However, your never ending questions with no answers is getting beyond tiring.

So expalin then ......... or not.

However, your never ending questions with no answers is getting beyond tiring.

Never ending? I've only asked you a few question. I don't remember interacting with you before today.

I don't know what you mean by "confirmed". I asked if you were Catholic because Catholics find value in "confirmation". That is all. We don't have to interact. I was trying to get to know you a little. Sorry.

Never ending? I've only asked you a few question. I don't remember interacting with you before today.

I don't know what you mean by "confirmed". I asked if you were Catholic because Catholics find value in "confirmation". That is all. We don't have to interact. I was trying to get to know you a little. Sorry.
Confirmation is a Catholic ritual

Back