Difficult Scriptures for Arminians

Are you saying we ought not to judge false doctrine?

hearts. when we are too 'against' someone else because they say this, or say that - that we disagree with, we run the risk of setting ourselves into a 'camp' or group and even the risk of actually judging - that person

and /or that is how others can feel from our words - over and over again - if we are too much all - like - "you are wrong"... "I am right" .... all the time ... and as part of a group also.... makes people feel bad, judged, it can

Last edited:
When will one side's argument come to an end? Will God tell your opposition at judgment, "You were on the wrong side, go to hell." Or will He say, "The opposition gave you an opportunity to repent, but you would not."

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you?

I did not judge you at all

I don't know you

I made no comments about you sinning

I only know what you stated and

Most Non Calvinists I know of would not claim to be sinless
The problem with that poll is it only tells people your opinion of a group of Calvinists you know. I assume that's a fraction of the worldwide number of Calvinists..

Rom 14:3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him.
Rom 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Notice the words "he will be upheld".

Yet that is what Arminianism does. It judges another man's servant while God sees His relationship with His servant.
Well, we are to "test" the spirits, though (1 Jn 4).

Rom 14:3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him.
Rom 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Notice the words "he will be upheld".

Yet that is what Arminianism does. It judges another man's servant while God sees His relationship with His servant.
How to create doctrine:
1) Get an Idea of what Doctrine/theology/Biblical concept you want to teach.
2) Go through the Bible, and collect/catalog all the portions of Scripture that appear to SUPPORT your concept. These are your "proof Texts".
3) Go through the Bible, and collect/catalog all the portions of Scripture that appear to CONTRADICT your concept. These are your "Problem Texts".
4) Create viable rationalizations/explanations for why your "problem Texts" don't really mean what they seem to say/aren't relevant/were only for THEM, and not for us today, etc.
5) Then teach your doctrine/theology "proving it" with your "Proof texts", and handling your "Problem texts" with your work arounds developed in #4 above.
6) Criticize the doctrines/concepts other denominations/groups in the most negative terms possible.
7) If your change your mind about your Doctrine/theology, then just switch your "Proof Texts, and your "Problem Texts", and repeat #4 above.

The problem with that poll is it only tells people your opinion of a group of Calvinists you know. I assume that's a fraction of the worldwide number of Calvinists..
And ?

I do not judge anyone unsaved because they are Calvinists

so what is your point

Back