Difficult Scriptures for Arminians

Eating was only an example. These applies to more than just eating. It is the attitude that one brother has towards another. With which Arminians have a very hard time with.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

Also, I never said anything about not judging false doctrine. Please do. Yet, you have no right to condemn me personally. I name the name of Jesus Christ. I am continually expressing faith in Jesus Christ.

There are several here judging my position in Jesus Christ because I've said that still sin. I believe you are aware of this.
you missed the poster's point. The verse was not about doctrine. To the contrary the Bible teaches that we are to standup for truth.
In fact that is your intent here. If the verse was about doctrine, then you would be violating the verse to try to correct others doctrines.

Example #3.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

The typical response from an Arminian is.... "No man can get you out, but you can get yourself out".

Problem. Same power applies. If no man is powerful enough to "pluck" them out, then how am I powerful enough?

Can a person escape God?
this is a specious argument, meaning it has the sound of logic, but is illogical or poorly constructed and not valid.
The truth that most people believe is that no one can get themselves into God's hand, but thru faith God will put you there. Therefore no man can take you out of God's hand because their faith is not going to affect YOUR relationship with God. Plus no man can overpower God and nobody thinks they can do that.

you missed the poster's point. The verse was not about doctrine. To the contrary the Bible teaches that we are to standup for truth.
In fact that is your intent here. If the verse was about doctrine, then you would be violating the verse to try to correct others doctrines.

I don't believe I did. The verses are about doctrine as well. The doctrine being dealt with was the teaching that man couldn't eat certain meats.

Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

I just didn't include those verses in my comments.

Even when a brothers doctrine is wrong, we are not to condemn them as not being beloved by God.

I don't believe I did. The verses are about doctrine as well. The doctrine being dealt with was the teaching that man couldn't eat certain meats.

Rom 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Even when a brothers doctrine is wrong, we are not to condemn them as not being beloved by God.
Do I hear you saying that we are or are not called to address false doctrine as opposed to criticizing people for their life choices

this is a specious argument, meaning it has the sound of logic, but is illogical or poorly constructed and not valid.
The truth that most people believe is that no one can get themselves into God's hand, but thru faith God will put you there. Therefore no man can take you out of God's hand because their faith is not going to affect YOUR relationship with God.

You are treating the act of being placed in God hands and out of God's hands as a consequence of faith. I am not. I am dealing solely from a position of power. The "hand of God" is represented as the "power of God" throughout the Scriptures.

2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Plus no man can overpower God and nobody thinks they can do that.

We agree. Then how would you get away. Please give details. Pretend you're trying to get away from God. David tried. Do you remember what David said?

Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Do I hear you saying that we are or are not called to address false doctrine as opposed to criticizing people for their life choices

You were mistaken in your comments. Now that you realize that, then you're trying to change the question.

No. You can question doctrine all you want. You have no right to condemn the brother that is mistake. Someone is wrong, however, we are all wrong at one time or another. Don't forget that.

People change and then pretend they never change. "Case in point" with new Arminians.

When will one side's argument come to an end? Will God tell your opposition at judgment, "You were on the wrong side, go to hell." Or will He say, "The opposition gave you an opportunity to repent, but you would not."

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you?

all These things are allowed by God... and in elementary and also of Lesser (and less wholistic) understandings - one can get Lost in thinkings (about many things) ... and various Ways of being - not perfect/ ed... not very AWARE ... and addictions. as somewhat (or greatly) seen here... by those with eyes to see... beyond and above - all the different sides.

the story of the Blind men and the Elephant ... ongoing and non - joined together... the Body of Christ has many Parts... but if we don't learn to Listen and learn - by the Spirit - not just the Mind -- we can get lost on /in parts of understanding (s)...

and/or Levels... all mixed and all jumbled together even - the MIND overtaking (being put before) the Spirit /God ... and before Others even - with or without being aware of it all very much, or always ( lack of self - Awareness) ...

Last edited:

additional comment, I agree with this last statement, but the other side of that is that we must correct our brothers when we see them violating truth in their life or their words. And I don't mean in every incident, but as the Spirit guides us, we must speak into the lives of our friends.
On a forum like this, the topic is doctrine, not life choices for the most part. Not many here are friends whose lives we have the requirement to speak to.

additional comment, I agree with this last statement, but the other side of that is that we must correct our brothers when we see them violating truth in their life or their words. And I don't mean in every incident, but as the Spirit guides us, we must speak into the lives of our friends.
On a forum like this, the topic is doctrine, not life choices for the most part. Not many here are friends whose lives we have the requirement to speak to.
Agreed.

You are treating the act of being placed in God hands and out of God's hands as a consequence of faith. I am not. I am dealing solely from a position of power. The "hand of God" is represented as the "power of God" throughout the Scriptures.

2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

We agree. Then how would you get away. Please give details. Pretend you're trying to get away from God. David tried. Do you remember what David said?

Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
If you say you are trying to get away from God. then you believe God exists. You have that much faith concerning Him.
Psalm 139 is not about the relationship we have thru the indwelling of Christ, it is a truth about God's omnipresence.

And yes, I am convinced that when we are in His hands, in that particular sense of being saved, we are secure. He put us there because we believed. We did not put ourselves there, we received what He offered.

Funny how the majority of them are Roman Catholic
thank your man Augustine

but Islam has more converts if what I am reading is correct

Monsignor Vittorio Formenti, who compiled the Vatican’s newly-released 2008 yearbook of statistics, said Muslims made up 19.2 percent of the world’s population and Catholics 17.4 percent.

kind of strange if God is determining all things

Back