Does God love everyone ?

Or, she chose to accept Jesus Christ as her lord and her siblings choose to reject Jesus.

There are several points on which there is confusion about what is meant by free will. Some have said that it refers to the ability to desire. But a better definition is that it is the ability to decide between alternatives. Desire is a passion, an emotion; but will is a choice between two or more desires. Also, some think that to be free means that there can be no limitation of alternatives—one must be able to do whatever he wants. But the opposite of freedom is not fewer alternatives, it is being forced to choose one thing and not another. Freedom is not in unlimited options, but in unfettered choice between whatever options there are. As long as the choosing comes from the individual rather than an outside force, the decision is made freely. Free will means the ability to make an unforced decision between two or more alternatives (Geisler & Brooks 1990:63).
It's just a which came first, the Chicken or the Egg type of a point buddy. It made her respond with a thinking emoji...

Would you say that without God's Grace, the Mind is set against God?

Or, she chose to accept Jesus Christ as her lord and her siblings chose to reject Jesus.

There are several points on which there is confusion about what is meant by free will. Some have said that it refers to the ability to desire. But a better definition is that it is the ability to decide between alternatives. Desire is a passion, an emotion; but will is a choice between two or more desires. Also, some think that to be free means that there can be no limitation of alternatives—one must be able to do whatever he wants. But the opposite of freedom is not fewer alternatives, it is being forced to choose one thing and not another. Freedom is not in unlimited options, but in unfettered choice between whatever options there are. As long as the choosing comes from the individual rather than an outside force, the decision is made freely. Free will means the ability to make an unforced decision between two or more alternatives (Geisler & Brooks 1990:63).
Did Lazarus have a choice? Death to Life.

Or, she chose to accept Jesus Christ as her lord and her siblings chose to reject Jesus.
Why don't we all have the same reaction to Christ???? I'm not special; I'm not more intelligent than my siblings. If you play the lottery who's going to win? Who told me that Jesus saves? Why did two of six children receive Bibles? Why did my sister put hers (still in a box) away in a drawer and leave it there? Why did I want to know what the KJV said? I was only 9 years old.

Yeah.... children don't make informed choices about whether or not to try to read a KJV Bible. I never made straight A's in school like my sister did!

Without God's grace there is nothing to choose.
Untrue. The choice still exists, it's just that the natural man will never choose to repent and believe in Jesus Christ, because he is hostile towards God, hates the Light and will not come to it, and rejects the things of the Spirit of God (e.g. the gospel).

''But for the grace of God go I".
John Bradford, an English Reformer

Now this IS true!

That is Calvin , not the Bible
The natural (unregenerate) man is hostile towards God.

Rom. 8:7-9
(MKJV)
7 because the carnal mind is enmity against God, for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be.
8 So then they who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

The natural (unregenerate) man hates the Light and will not come to it.

John 3:19,20
(MKJV)
19 And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

Contrast this with the born again man.

John 3:21
(MKJV) But he who practices truth comes to the Light so that his deeds may be made known, that they have been worked in God.

The natural (unregenerate) man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God.

1 Cor. 2:14
(MKJV) But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

This is the Bible, as you can see.

The natural (unregenerate) man is hostile towards God.

Rom. 8:7-9
(MKJV)
7 because the carnal mind is enmity against God, for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be.
8 So then they who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

The natural (unregenerate) man hates the Light and will not come to it.

John 3:19,20
(MKJV)
19 And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

Contrast this with the born again man.

John 3:21
(MKJV) But he who practices truth comes to the Light so that his deeds may be made known, that they have been worked in God.

The natural (unregenerate) man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God.

1 Cor. 2:14
(MKJV) But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

This is the Bible, as you can see.
Thanks David--I am feeling lazy today. Must be the heat.

And beliefs precedes becoming a child of God. John 1:12-13.
I can understand why you didn't quote John 1:12,13...

John 1:12,13 (MKJV)
12 But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name,
13 who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.

Those who believe (present tense) in Jesus, were (past tense - i.e. before believing) born of God.

I'm repeating this:

2 Corinthians 2:14
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Romans 8:8-9
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Back