Does God love everyone ?

Nope, they sent themself to hell because they reject God’s gift of grace. God honors their decision.NO ONE forces God to do anything.
No that's the reason he sends them.

Matthew 25
26 “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. 27 So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.

29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

There are other Scriptures that confirm it is God doing the casting.

No that's the reason he sends them.

Matthew 25
26 “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. 27 So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.

29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

There are other Scriptures that confirm it is God doing the casting.
The actual casting into hell is of course done by God but they put themselves in the position to be condemned by rejecting Jesus.

What you have done is added elected to a verse which I believe scripture says there is a curse for doing.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begottenSon, that whosoever believeth in himshould not perish, but have everlasting life.
Unchecked Copy Box
1Pe 1:2 - Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father,through sanctification of the Spirit, untoobedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. Elect according to what ? That would be God’s foreknowledge.
I have not added elected to the verse.
Anyone that is interested in truth could discern that.

Paul the Apostle was not unaware of what Jesus said and taught. Unless you want to contend that he was?

He does not contradict Jesus when he wrote:
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

All I asked you to do is to reconcile scripture with scripture and the best you can do is a form of ad hominem?

Perhaps you want to wow the crowd by explaining how belief is not a condition, and that each and every person receives the Love of Jesus Christ without that condition.

You people have no shame in defending your false teachings and how you promote self. In doing so you take the glory that belongs to God alone for self, and people who make these self/ish-choices glorify themselves.

crazy how desperate people get when defending their man made theology.
This poster claims that Paul has a man-made theology!

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

He says election by God in love before the foundation of the world, is man made.
He further denies that God will have mercy on whom He will have mercy and that God's mercy is not dependent on human will or exertion.
This poster insists along with all his buddies that John 3:16 teaches that Jesus loves everybody unconditionally, and that He will have mercy and compassion on all those who use their human will and exertion to choose to believe in Him.

And he claims other people have man made theologies.....

What you have done is added elected to a verse which I believe scripture says there is a curse for doing.
I have not. I asked you to reconcile scripture with scripture.

You add making a choice freely to John 3:16. This is in total contradiction to scripture and is solely your reading things into the verse. As a matter of fact, if you were to reconcile scripture with scripture which you are clearly unable to do, you will find that God's mercy and compassion on mankind is never ever dependent on human will or human exertion.
Making a choice that comes from self, is human will. You will to do something.
When you read John 3:16 you read it as follows:
Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever (chooses to) believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
By doing this, you are saying that God will have mercy and compassion on all those who chooses to believe in Him by using their human will.

Rom 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
You and your buddies stand condemned before Christ by your own words.

You add making a choice freely to John 3:16. This is in total contradiction to scripture and is solely your reading things into the verse. As a matter of fact, if you were to reconcile scripture with scripture which you are clearly unable to do, you will find that God's mercy and compassion on mankind is never ever dependent on human will or human exertion.
Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever (chooses to) believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
By doing this, you are saying that God will have mercy and compassion on all those who chooses to believe in Him by using their human will.

Rom 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
I was going to say something like this to him...

These are the Theology Boards; not the Verbatim Verse Boards. When I visited Civic's other Forums, they had Sub Forums like a Verbatim Verse Board where they could talk about what a Verse means. Someone over there could say "That's not what the Verse says", and for that Thread; it would be okay. But since we are on the Theology Boards, we can say we're not adding Meaning to any Verse; we are as you say reconciling Scripture with Scripture...

whosever wills
if any man is willing
choose today whom you will serve
to everyone who believes
come follow Me
whoever calls upon the Lord will be saved

looks like man can choose God or reject God by their will or choice to believe and follow or not. Mans will is free to believe God.

oops

whosever wills
if any man is willing
choose today whom you will serve
to everyone who believes
come follow Me
whoever calls upon the Lord will be saved
In obedience right? Or prior to the re-birth?
looks like man can choose God or reject God by their will or choice to believe and follow or not. Mans will is free to believe God.
Lol...
In none of those cases you listed did that in ANY way or means trigger God's mercy and compassion.
Oops indeed.
You are embarrassing yourself.

In obedience right? Or prior to the re-birth?

Oops indeed.
You are embarrassing yourself.
I have Scripture unlike you with ad hominems. We will see who is "embarrassed " .

So lets spell this out one more time with Scripture, the Bible . The Spirit comes after faith, confession, repentance.

Anyone granted eyes to see knows the order below and scripture is consistent in both testaments. The Spirit comes after believe, receive, confess, repent etc.......

Ezekiel 18:30-32
“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Notice what comes first

1- Repent , turn away from sin
2- the after you repent you get a new heart/spirit ( calvinism- regeneration, new life)
3- repent then you live, have life- ie new heart, spirit.

John has the same order in in his opening of the gospel and in his purpose statement for writing his gospel. Receive, Believe, Birth

John 1:12-13

“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Same order as above receive, believe, call on Him then the new birth follows.

John 20:31

“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Once again the order is consistent with the OT- belief/repentance precedes life.

Romans 10:8-13

But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Again above we see its hearing the gospel, believing the message , confessing then calling upon the Lord results in salvation.

Acts tells us the same order in 11:18- "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.” Repent precedes life.

Paul confirms the order in Ephesians below as well. Hearing and believing precedes the Holy Spirit that we were sealed with not before belief.

Ephesians 1:13

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit

In Acts below the Spirit comes after repentance

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

In Galatians the Spirit comes after hearing, believing, receiving

Galatians 3:2
I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by hearing with faith?

Galatians 3:14

He redeemed us in order that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

James and Peter have the same exact order in James 1:18 , 1 Peter 1:23.

See how scripture is consistent when you do not read your doctrine into it but read it objectively, without bias ?

conclusion : the Spirit comes after faith , belief, receiving, repentance, confession, not before.

back to the calvie drawing board you have been thoroughly defeated with Scripture that exposes your erroneous conclusions regarding the Holy Spirit.

Summary:

The Biblical order- notice where new life, regeneration is on the list from Scripture.

1- the preaching of the gospel- Rom 10
2- the hearing of the gospel- Rom 10
3- belief in the gospel- John 1:12
4- receiving the gospel- John 1:12
5- repentance Luke 5:32
6- the new birth that results in #7
7- salvation, eternal life- John 1:13
8- Justification- Rom 8:30
9- Sanctification- Rom 8
10- Glorification Rom 8:30

oops

next

hope this helps !!!

I have Scripture unlike you with ad hominems. We will see who is "embarrassed " .

So lets spell this out one more time with Scripture, the Bible . The Spirit comes after faith, confession, repentance.

Anyone granted eyes to see knows the order below and scripture is consistent in both testaments. The Spirit comes after believe, receive, confess, repent etc.......

Ezekiel 18:30-32
“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Notice what comes first

1- Repent , turn away from sin
2- the after you repent you get a new heart/spirit ( calvinism- regeneration, new life)
3- repent then you live, have life- ie new heart, spirit.

John has the same order in in his opening of the gospel and in his purpose statement for writing his gospel. Receive, Believe, Birth

John 1:12-13

“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

Same order as above receive, believe, call on Him then the new birth follows.

John 20:31

“But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Once again the order is consistent with the OT- belief/repentance precedes life.

Romans 10:8-13

But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Again above we see its hearing the gospel, believing the message , confessing then calling upon the Lord results in salvation.

Acts tells us the same order in 11:18- "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.” Repent precedes life.

Paul confirms the order in Ephesians below as well. Hearing and believing precedes the Holy Spirit that we were sealed with not before belief.

Ephesians 1:13

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit

In Acts below the Spirit comes after repentance

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

In Galatians the Spirit comes after hearing, believing, receiving

Galatians 3:2
I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by hearing with faith?

Galatians 3:14

He redeemed us in order that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

James and Peter have the same exact order in James 1:18 , 1 Peter 1:23.

See how scripture is consistent when you do not read your doctrine into it but read it objectively, without bias ?

conclusion : the Spirit comes after faith , belief, receiving, repentance, confession, not before.

back to the calvie drawing board you have been thoroughly defeated with Scripture that exposes your erroneous conclusions regarding the Holy Spirit.

Summary:

The Biblical order- notice where new life, regeneration is on the list from Scripture.

1- the preaching of the gospel- Rom 10
2- the hearing of the gospel- Rom 10
3- belief in the gospel- John 1:12
4- receiving the gospel- John 1:12
5- repentance Luke 5:32
6- the new birth that results in #7
7- salvation, eternal life- John 1:13
8- Justification- Rom 8:30
9- Sanctification- Rom 8
10- Glorification Rom 8:30

oops

next

hope this helps !!!
Ouch...thoroughly defeated with Scripture I tell ya!

I have Scripture unlike you with ad hominems.

Seriously?
So you didn't make the "stronghold" comment?
You didn't high-five the "pride" comment?

We will see who is "embarrassed " .

No "pride" there, right?

"granted eyes to see"?
Is that a code phrase for, "free will"?

Seriously?
So you didn't make the "stronghold" comment?
You didn't high-five the "pride" comment?

No "pride" there, right?

"granted eyes to see"?
Is that a code phrase for, "free will"?
I see no scripture as expected . My post is irrefutable.

next

Back