Is Calvinism Manichean?

You know me, I'm always going somewhere...

God's Word is Truth, and is on Team Truth. All on Team Truth agree that no one can come to God until the Father Draws him...
And no one is saved apart from faith/repentance resulting in good works.

And Jesus taught many times that YOUR faith has saved you, YOUR faith has made you well. Not His faith, but your faith. It is called synergism, not monergism. Augustine introduced monergism into the church. Until then it was synergism in the church. He introduced numerous other heresies as well. Early Church history is proving calvinism to be in error.

Yours Truly, Team Truth !

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why I'm back-up for Team Truth. Personal attacks are the bait of Satan. I avoid the trap.
Do you really? How about this...

Even prior to coming to faith they are never in danger of eternal condemnation. You just can't get more sanctimonious than that.

Or this...

While the Scriptures declare that God is just, the they worship a different god, an unjust god.

Or this...

Cop-out # 3 Is their myopic view of “Sovereignty”

Or this...

Their god pretends that the elect lived Christ's righteous lifestyle, never sinning, rather than the view that Christ's death pays for their sins.

What would you call someone who claims to have one attitude (a good one), whilst demonstrating, beyond doubt, that he has exactly the opposite attitude?

I'm going to make no bones about this. You know better. This is deliberate deception. You KNOW that those whom you call "Calvinists" believe in, and teach, salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone. You also know that we believe in God's election.
There is a measure of truth in the words of Predestined

The issue of salvation in Calvinism was determined before any were ever born and regardless of anything any might do

Those unconditionally selected will be given faith and be saved

So it is unconditional election which is decisive in Calvinism not faith

My Objections to Calvinism ...Deal With it!

First on the hit list would be Unconditional Election.

They don't believe in salvation by faith. They believe in salvation by election. And would like us to believe that "election" occurs before you are born. So for the Calvinist, the elect are never not saved. Even prior to coming to faith they are never in danger of eternal condemnation. You just can't get more sanctimonious than that.

And it sure doesn't jive with the word of God:

"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath." Eph 2:1-3 and "it is by grace you have been saved, through faith" Eph 2:8

Their view of election is also inconsistent with what Paul told the Philippian jailor who asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" Paul didn't reply, "If you're elect you're already saved", but rather said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved." Acts 16:30,31 Showing that one's salvation is not conditioned upon some hypothetical unconditional "elect" status, but rather it is conditioned upon faith. A ton of such verses support this view and have been posted on this forum that they have never dealt with.
Rom 9:16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

You seem to be saying that Paul was contradicting himself and that God's mercy and compassion is dependent on how people "will" and strive.
Number 2 on the hit parade Is Total Depravity

They actually believe in "total depravity", which by their definition includes the inability to refrain from evil. And yet, throw the concept of "justice" out the window, and still hold that God hold's people accountable for things over which they have no control. And not only with respect to behavior, but they also hold the prejudicial concept of imputed sin whereby people are reckoned guilty of the sins of their ancestors. While the Scriptures declare that God is just, the they worship a different god, an unjust god.
I suppose you just do not believe that God cursed both the earth and man/woman, and that redemption of all (including those whose Fathers or ancestors sinned) is only through Christ.
You are advocating the possibility of some coming to the Father apart from Jesus.
Cop-out # 3 Is their myopic view of “Sovereignty”

The god of Calvinism is viewed as incapable of creating free will creatures. He is limited to creating mere puppets. I often refer to Calvinistic theology as a puppet theology. Their god's sovereignty incorporates controlling every particular thing. That being the case, their god controls people's behavior. When people sin, which they admit is not under their control, it is their god who is sinning, and yet condemns his puppets. Apparently, their god, playing with his puppets, pretends his puppets sin, while in fact he knows that he is the one doing so as the puppet master.
So I can take it that you do not believe God is God Almighty, or that almighty needs to be re-defined. God created beings with an Almighty will.
Your sovereign will cannot and will not save you. You will die in your sin, with your man made faith that you decided to have.
I saved the worst for last... #4 The Insufficiency of the Atonement

That would be their view that Jesus' death on the cross as insufficient atonement for sin, but rather his righteous life was imputed to the elect. Their god pretends that the elect lived Christ's righteous lifestyle, never sinning, rather than the view that Christ's death pays for their sins. This one is so bad I'm going to dig a bit deeper into it. It is why many are known as four-pointers—holding to TUIP, but denying L, limited atonement.

They can dress this one up and make it look good, but does it work? Is limited atonement biblical? Is it consistent with the love of God shown in Jesus Christ and expressed in the New Testament many times in many ways as seen in John 3:16?

Limited atonement is the false idea that God selects only some individuals to be saved. Nowhere is this supported anywhere in the Bible.
Salvation is a free gift made available by the grace of God to all. We are all sinners in need of salvation.

Jesus teaches that the only condition for salvation is that we have genuine faith in Him as Son of God and Savior. Once again John 3:16 is an excellent verse that supports salvation that is based on faith. It's up to each of as individuals to either accept or reject salvation.

And just how would “limited atonement” fit into this verse?
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. and he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the whole world. 1John 2:2

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
And because not all are saved disproves this whole monologue.
If you want to cling to an effective atonement for all people, you are worse off than imagined.

What is most distressing, is that people think they are capable of choosing God. Hey look at "ME" they say, I chose God.

Someone that chooses God does not know God, for he cannot. He has zero ability to know "gnosis" God. He can know there is a God, but he cannot know God.

You think you chose God and forced Him to reveal truth to you!
How arrogant! You should be ashamed.

I was happy in my sin and depravity and not looking for or searching for God when He revealed Christ to me as Lord and Savior. There is nothing on earth that I could have done to deserve it, and I stand amazed. Yet you want to claim, I was not totally depraved, that He did not choose me but I somehow chose Him, that my will was sovereign over His, and that my earthly Father who died without Christ was atoned for and I will see him in heaven!

There is a measure of truth in the words of Predestined

The issue of salvation in Calvinism was determined before any were ever born and regardless of anything any might do

Those unconditionally selected will be given faith and be saved

So it is unconditional election which is decisive in Calvinism not faith

Encouragement from the Lord​

For Team Truth
And the Lord said to Paul in the night by a vision, Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent; for I am with you, and no man will attack you in order to harm you, for I have many people in this city.
Acts 18:9-10

Encouragement from the Lord​

Amen !

notice nothing but Tu Quoque fallacies. This speaks volumes. Its exactly what the religious ones did with Jesus and the Apostles.

Yours Truly, Team Truth !

hope this helps !!!

Back