Roman Catholic Thoughts On Spiritual Delusion . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you say we are to listen to what God says and not what man says? So let's listen to what God says. God doesn't say that a person is saved by faith alone and not by works, man says that.
post a verse that says man is saved by their works. did the thief on the cross have 'works' to save him?

So why are you listening to what man says and not what God says?
I don't, I am no longer catholic and haven't been since the early 70s. those last 2 yrs sure clinched it for me. I didn't start listening to His word until '78.

post a verse that says man is saved by their works. did the thief on the cross have 'works' to save him?

I don't, I am no longer catholic and haven't been since the early 70s. those last 2 yrs sure clinched it for me. I didn't start listening to His word until '78.
I was raised as a Catholic but my parents stopped going when I was 16. At college a Christian got be going back to church but it was a Baptist church not a Catholic church; that was in 1976. He taught me how to read, study, memorize and meditate on Scripture. I maintain those habits since then and have read through the entire Bible over 46 times and have memorized over 3000 verses.

What clinched it for me was when I read through the CCC around 15 years ago. I will never leave the Catholic church again.

mica said:

I was raised as a Catholic but my parents stopped going when I was 16. At college a Christian got be going back to church but it was a Baptist church not a Catholic church; that was in 1976. He taught me how to read, study, memorize and meditate on Scripture. I maintain those habits since then and have read through the entire Bible over 46 times and have memorized over 3000 verses.

What clinched it for me was when I read through the CCC around 15 years ago. I will never leave the Catholic church again.
you didn't answer my question.

mica said:
there are no doctrinal issues between Christians, but there are between Christians and nonChristians.
So everyone whose doctrines line up with yours is a Christian and everyone else is a non-Christian. Well that makes sense.
Christian doctrines line up with scripture. those of non-Christians do not line up with scripture.

yes, it does make sense.

you call that a work?? that's a far cry from washing His feet with one's hair!

catholics don't know repentance, all they know is penance. the 2 aren't the same.
I answered your question. See what happens when we answer the nCCs questions.

I don't know what that baptist taught you, but according to your posts here you don't understand even the basics of scripture and christianity.

I don't know what that baptist taught you, but according to your posts here you don't understand even the basics of scripture and christianity.
I was taught that a person is saved by faith alone and not by works and that we have been imputed with the righteousness of Christ.

mica said:
you call that a work?? that's a far cry from washing His feet with one's hair!

catholics don't know repentance, all they know is penance. the 2 aren't the same.
I answered your question. See what happens when we answer the nCCs questions.
yes, a believer will reply with the truth of scripture.

the woman wouldn't have been washing His feet with her hair if she wasn't already a believer and had repented. her focus was on Him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back