Setting Argumentive Things Aside

Do you think that the differences between Roman Catholics and Evangelicals can be set aside?
No, they cannot. The only reconciliation possible is that those who are separated from the Catholic Church, reject the non-Catholic sect that they are a part of and enter into this Mystical Body of Christ, which is the Catholic Church.

I do not support false ecumenism whereby differences are ignored and everyone holds hands, makes nice, nice, sings kum by ah as though truth does not matter.

I do support real and honest attempts at unity where possible. Should we not work towards unity where possible? Is something wrong with this?

We differ on a lot but we both agree that salvation comes through Christ alone, through grace alone. We both agree that Jesus is GOD (YHWH.)
But you believe that non-Catholic sects are in "partial communion" with the Catholic Church and that they are "particular churches" and that their sects are a "means of salvation", all under the big tent "Church of Christ." This "Church of Christ" includes the Catholic Church and also a vast collection of schismatic and non-Catholic sects with contradicting doctrines, worship, disciplines, morality and government.

If this isn't the very definition of false ecumenism, I would like you to explain what is?

Proverbs 6:34
For jealousy is the rage of a man:
therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.

35 He will not regard any ransom;
neither will he rest content,
though thou givest many gifts.

No, they cannot. The only reconciliation possible is that those who are separated from the Catholic Church, reject the non-Catholic sect that they are a part of and enter into this Mystical Body of Christ, which is the Catholic Church.

Proverbs
the strange woman, even from the stranger
which flattereth with her words;

17 Which forsaketh the guide of her youth,
and forgetteth the covenant of her God.

18 For her house inclineth unto death,
and her paths unto the dead.

19 None that go unto her return again,
neither take they hold of the paths of life.​

None that go down unto the Pit
return again unto the Land of the living

know ye not that
"that he is the God of the Living
not the God of the dead
"

Exactly what do you think our "religious system" is, and why do you think it, that is to say our "religious system" is worthless?
Because SALVATION IS BY FAITH (Eph 2:8,9), and NOT as the result of "Works" regardless of the nature of the works. If you mess with THAT TRUTH, then you've GOT NOTHING.

IF a person doesn't enter by the only door: God given FAITH in the perfect SIN OFFERING that Jesus made on the Cross for you - then you don't get in.

It makes no matter how many Religious Ceremonies/Activities/Baptisms/"Hail Marys"/etc. that you happen to do, or how many "Bathtub Virgins" you have in your front yard.

What the Catholic (Roman and otherwise) always gets backwards is that "WORKS" are NOT, never were, and never will be SALVIFIC in any way.

"WORKS" are, however, the result of the intrinsic nature of BIBLICAL FAITH. That's to say that IF you are living in a BIBLICAL FAITH RELATIONSHIP with God, then "Good Works" will happen. they contribute NOTHING to your salvation, and are simply the RESULT of it.

Note: I'll agree that IN SPITE of Catholicism, there are individuals who do find their way to truth, are convicted of their SIN, and do call out to God in FAITH (that He gives) and are Born Again.

Because SALVATION IS BY FAITH (Eph 2:8,9), and NOT as the result of "Works" regardless of the nature of the works. If you mess with THAT TRUTH, then you've GOT NOTHING.

IF a person doesn't enter by the only door: God given FAITH in the perfect SIN OFFERING that Jesus made on the Cross for you - then you don't get in.

It makes no matter how many Religious Ceremonies/Activities/Baptisms/"Hail Marys"/etc. that you happen to do, or how many "Bathtub Virgins" you have in your front yard.

What the Catholic (Roman and otherwise) always gets backwards is that "WORKS" are NOT, never were, and never will be SALVIFIC in any way.

"WORKS" are, however, the result of the intrinsic nature of BIBLICAL FAITH. That's to say that IF you are living in a BIBLICAL FAITH RELATIONSHIP with God, then "Good Works" will happen. they contribute NOTHING to your salvation, and are simply the RESULT of it.

Note: I'll agree that IN SPITE of Catholicism, there are individuals who do find their way to truth, are convicted of their SIN, and do call out to God in FAITH (that He gives) and are Born Again.
The RC has a list of must dos to be saved, so it is a work based salvation. It does not matter what some RCs say. They must be baptised into their insitution, they must go to church though the number of times one has to attend is remarkably reduced. On top of that one has to hope they get last rites before dying and then they really want others to pray them out of purgatory. The Best thing for them is if Mary deems to come and pull them out of purgatory. I know they claim it is not a place these days but still it used to be described that way it is was like hell, the only difference is that one day they will get out.

Also they must pray that they do enough good works and that they have jumped on command to the RC drum beat.

Of course real believers know their good works are God's and not ours, we can do them because we are saved by grace through faith and that God has changed us. If we are not changed by Him, we will continue to be the same person.

The RC has a list of must dos to be saved, so it is a work based salvation. It does not matter what some RCs say. They must be baptised into their insitution, they must go to church though the number of times one has to attend is remarkably reduced. On top of that one has to hope they get last rites before dying and then they really want others to pray them out of purgatory. The Best thing for them is if Mary deems to come and pull them out of purgatory. I know they claim it is not a place these days but still it used to be described that way it is was like hell, the only difference is that one day they will get out.

Also they must pray that they do enough good works and that they have jumped on command to the RC drum beat.

Of course real believers know their good works are God's and not ours, we can do them because we are saved by grace through faith and that God has changed us. If we are not changed by Him, we will continue to be the same person.
Just IMAGINE the reaction of the Catholic victim who dies and goes to "Purgatory", when they realize it's HELL, and they're NEVER getting out!!!!!

It's satan's BEST JOKE on folks to trust the Catholic Church to tell them the truth.

But you believe that non-Catholic sects are in "partial communion" with the Catholic Church and that they are "particular churches" and that their sects are a "means of salvation", all under the big tent "Church of Christ."
Not quite.

I believe that anyone who is validly baptized is in the Church of Christ. If they are not Catholic, then, then are not in perfect union with the Church, but they are in union with it.

I believe that Protestant sects are not churches in the strict sense, but rather, ecclesial communities.
This "Church of Christ" includes the Catholic Church and also a vast collection of schismatic and non-Catholic sects with contradicting doctrines, worship, disciplines, morality and government.
The Church of Christ subsists in but is larger than the visible boundaries of the RCC.
If this isn't the very definition of false ecumenism,
No.
I would like you to explain what is?
I have never asserted that Protestant ecclesial sects are just as good as being Catholic. I have never asserted that the Church of Christ subsists in Protestant ecclesial communities. I have never asserted that Protestant ecclesial sects are equal to Catholicism.

Catholicism is vastly superior to and the most excellent path to Christ.

Just IMAGINE the reaction of the Catholic victim who dies and goes to "Purgatory", when they realize it's HELL, and they're NEVER getting out!!!!!

It's satan's BEST JOKE on folks to trust the Catholic Church to tell them the truth.
Satan is very happy, but the poor RC will be very sad. This is why their false teachings need to be revealed and bad fruit need to be shown for what they are. Scriptures cannot be twisted, the meaning of words cannot be changed, scripture cannot be ignored because they don't like what it says, their false claims also need to be noted and shown that they are false.

God's salvation message is simple and needs to made known to the whole world without the RC add ons, changes, or ignored. Most of all it must be shown that we have only ONE redeemer, one advocator, one mediator. I feel like I have not quite hit the nail on the head with this post. Sorry

Just imagine the reaction of Protestants when they die and go to Purgatory and find out Catholicism was true the whole time.

Now THAT is what I call a joke!

I believe that anyone who is validly baptized is in the Church of Christ. If they are not Catholic, then, then are not in perfect union with the Church, but they are in union with it.
You can't be a little bit saved or partially saved. You either are or you aren't. And water baptism has nothing to do with being saved. It's something we do after we are saved.

You can't be a little bit saved or partially saved. You either are or you aren't. And water baptism has nothing to do with being saved. It's something we do after we are saved.
Oh for Pete's sake! Why does everything have to boil down to one's crown of glory for you people?

You are right: one is either saved or not, there is no in-between.

Sir, I am not talking about that. I am talking about how perfectly united one is to the Body of Christ; not how perfectly or imperfectly they are saved.

Oh for Pete's sake! Why does everything have to boil down to one's crown of glory for you people?

Sir, I am not talking about that. I am talking about how perfectly united one is to the Body of Christ; not how perfectly or imperfectly they are saved.
No one mention a crown of glory except for you, why is it down to Mary and the pope for RCs. I mean really the use of you people is just so rude and bad mannered.

It shows you have no real discernment about how one is saved or what the body of Christ really means. You cannot be in the church period unless you are saved. "The" church is the ekklesia. Anyone can join your church and still be lost. You don't place yourself in the ekklesia, the Holy Spirit does. One of the major flaws of false religion is not knowing proper biblical soteriology.

Just imagine the reaction of Protestants when they die and go to Purgatory and find out Catholicism was true the whole time.

Now THAT is what I call a joke!
But at least we'd get out eventually when we get "pure enough". OF course nobody would be "buying our way out", like Catholics do.

The question is: hypothetically, George the Catholic winds up in purgatory with 3 years of Purgatorial cleansing necessary to get him "Pure enough" to enter Heaven.

George's Aunt Agatha goes to the "Perpetual Mass Association" at "Missionaries for the Holy Family". Then she shells out $200 for a set of "Gregorian masses" which are advertised to Spring him in 30 days.

Since purgatorial CLEANSING is the goal of the exercise, and George needed 3 years of normal torture to clean him up, and aunt Agatha has reduced his available "cleansing time" by a factor of 36.5, does that mean that the cleansing PROCESS has got to be 36.5 times MORE SEVERE to accomplish adequate purity so much faster????

Last edited:
But at least we'd get out eventually when we get "pure enough". OF course nobody would be "buying our way out", like Catholics do.

The question is: hypothetically, George the Catholic winds up in purgatory with 3 years of Purgatorial cleansing necessary to get him "Pure enough" to enter Heaven.

George's Aunt Agatha goes to the "Perpetual Mass Association" at "Missionaries for the Holy Family". Then she shells out $200 for a set of "Gregorian masses" which are advertised to Spring him in 30 days.

Since purgatorial CLEANSING is the goal of the exercise, and George needed 3 years of normal torture to clean him up, and aunt Agatha has reduced his available "cleansing time" by a factor of 36.5, does that mean that the cleansing PROCESS has got to be 36.5 times MORE SEVERE to accomplish adequate purity so much faster????
Excellent understanding of the problems with the RCC concept of purgatory.

Yes.

Back