Sufficient for all Efficient for some Fallacy !

What you said in the next quote does the same in a way I'd never really thought about.

It's ironic that Calvinists talk a lot about the word predestined but we're predestined to the image of Christ which includes character....part of which is showing NO PARTIALITY. For the reason Calvinists truly do believe God shows such they're actually moving away from what they're predestinated to be. If they think God can show partiality and be morally right and just they basically will do so too. They think that is the image of God.

Exactly. Knowing the character of God who shows no favoritism is the predestination path. In real terms they think he shows favoritism., therefore a wrong path.
Christ showed us the true character of God because he is the perfect Image of God. So by following Christ we follow the true God and not Calvinism's mythological rendition of God. Keep the faith and God Speed in our Predestination towards true images of Christ.

Christ showed us the true character of God because he is the perfect Image of God. So by following Christ we follow the true God and not Calvinism's mythological rendition of God. Keep the faith and God Speed in our Predestination towards true images of Christ.
The Bible is mythological? I see where your problem lies now.

The Bible is mythological? I see where your problem lies now.
What I mentioned is "Calvinism's mythological rendition of God".
You're equating that with the Bible.
Sorry to break this to you but Calvinism did not render/provide the Bible.

Also, TULIP is nowhere in the Bible. You need to prove otherwise.
For example, you guys don't even have one verse clearly showing that regeneration is before belief in Christ.
Surely a theory that important to Calvinism would be mentioned many times in the Bible.
I challenge you to find even one verse supporting regeneration before belief in Christ.

What I mentioned is "Calvinism's mythological rendition of God".
You're equating that with the Bible.
Sorry to break this to you but Calvinism did not render/provide the Bible.

Also, TULIP is nowhere in the Bible. You need to prove otherwise.
For example, you guys don't even have one verse clearly showing that regeneration is before belief in Christ.
Surely a theory that important to Calvinism would be mentioned many times in the Bible.
I challenge you to find even one verse supporting regeneration before belief in Christ.
No one said Calvinism rendered or provided the Bible. LOL STRAWMAN ALERT

It is found in the Bible. You simply disagree. Thats okay. Were trying to help. Now I can play the same game. NOWHERE does the Bible say faith precedes regeneration. See how easy that was? Where does the Bible say salvation is synergistic? Want more>?

An interesting thing to consider. Calvinists aren't even in the proper path whereby they can be predestinated to the image of Christ. That would entail looking upon the true character of God which is LOVE and looking upon one who shows no favoritism and being conformed to that image. If one thinks God shows partiality and favoritism which Jm 2:8-9, 1 Tim 5:21 and Duet 10:17 clearly says he doesn't and they reject that then what they're envisioning to be God's character is that which they become or stay. That would be one who shows partiality for if they think God does it and they're told to be like him then they're hindering themselves in being rightly transformed.

Wise I think is the Calvinist who can look at this and rightly allow concerns to rise up with just what they believe and how it potentially effects them and that is holding them back from true transformation.

discussion is not personal harassment
It truly is an insidious charge for that one to make to try to shut down rebuttals insinuating if you give one against Calvinism you're not a nice person or in other words seeking to gain victory by muffling all dissent. This isn't too unlike the antics some religious people used in the middle ages stop talking or we will punish you and destroy your reputation. I trust and hope not all Calvinists sign on to this low level method of operation. It's sad though to see some of them however use this approach. I'd like to hope they'd reconsider their position.

It truly is an insidious charge for that one to make to try to shut down rebuttals insinuating if you give one against Calvinism you're not a nice person or in other words seeking to gain victory by muffling all dissent. This isn't too unlike the antics some religious people used in the middle ages stop talking or we will punish you and destroy your reputation. I trust and hope not all Calvinists sign on to this low level method of operation. It's sad though to see some of them however use this approach.
"Thou dost protest too much."

An interesting thing to consider. Calvinists aren't even in the proper path whereby they can be predestinated to the image of Christ.
Note gentle readers, the Provisionist is the one who makes himself "predestinationable." God is merely the Provisionist's errand boy in these matters.

That would entail looking upon the true character of God which is LOVE and looking upon one who shows no favoritism and being conformed to that image.
As a Calvinist, I affirm God is love. I know no Calvinist who denies that.

If one thinks God shows partiality and favoritism which Jm 2:8-9, 1 Tim 5:21 and Duet 10:17 clearly says he doesn't and they reject that then what they're envisioning to be God's character is that which they become or stay. That would be one who shows partiality for if they think God does it and they're told to be like him then they're hindering themselves in being rightly transformed.
Note, gentle reader, it is the Provisionist who transforms himself into the image of God.

Scripture, however, asserts the believer is being transformed (a passive verb).

2 Cor 3:18 ... But we all, with unveiled faces, looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Wise I think is the Calvinist who can look at this and rightly allow concerns to rise up with just what they believe and how it potentially effects them and that is holding them back from true transformation.
*sigh*

Note gentle readers, the Provisionist is the one who makes himself "predestinationable." God is merely the Provisionist's errand boy in these matters.

As a Calvinist, I affirm God is love. I know no Calvinist who denies that.

Note, gentle reader, it is the Provisionist who transforms himself into the image of God.

Scripture, however, asserts the believer is being transformed (a passive verb).

2 Cor 3:18 ... But we all, with unveiled faces, looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

*sigh*
Could he be more condescending? We need transformation? Maybe he needs the transformation.

An interesting thing to consider. Calvinists aren't even in the proper path whereby they can be predestinated to the image of Christ. That would entail looking upon the true character of God which is LOVE and looking upon one who shows no favoritism and being conformed to that image. If one thinks God shows partiality and favoritism which Jm 2:8-9, 1 Tim 5:21 and Duet 10:17 clearly says he doesn't and they reject that then what they're envisioning to be God's character is that which they become or stay. That would be one who shows partiality for if they think God does it and they're told to be like him then they're hindering themselves in being rightly transformed.

God's Nature IS a Hermetic, but it's not the Prime Hermeneutic; that's Scripture Alone. Therefore, God Hates All who Sin...

I suppose the Argument is really about the Prime Hermeneutic; that resolves everything...

If they think God can show partiality and be morally right and just they basically will do so too. They think that is the image of God.

We do NOT believe God "shows partiality".

Exactly. Knowing the character of God who shows no favoritism is the predestination path. In real terms they think he shows favoritism., therefore a wrong path.

We do NOT believe God "shows favoritism".

An interesting thing to consider. Calvinists aren't even in the proper path whereby they can be predestinated to the image of Christ.

It sounds like yet another anti-Calvinist is claiming that Calvinists aren't saved.
How "charitable" of them.

I guess it's a good thing our salvation is dependent on CHRIST, and not on their "opinion".

That would entail looking upon the true character of God which is LOVE

Yes, the anti-Calvinists have invented a false God who is monochromatically "love", and nothing else. Our Biblical God is a multi-faceted God, who has MANY attributes, not the least which is love, but the greatest which is HOLINESS.

Twice the Scriptures describe God as "holy, holy, holy".
NEVER do the Scriptures describe God as "love, love, love" (that's the Beatles).

I used to regularly go to used bookstores, and whenever I saw a copy of Lewis' "Mere Christianity", or Packer's "Knowing God", I would pick it up, since I felt those are two of the greatest books for beginning Christians to read. "Knowing God" is all about the attributes of God, one per chapter. If "Rockson" were to write his own version, it would only have ONE chapter, "love". But God has MANY attributes, holiness, power, omniscience, wrath, mercy, grace, longsuffering, jealousy, vengeance, etc. etc. etc.

We OBVIOUSLY believe God is "love". But that is NOT sufficient to define His greatness.

and looking upon one who shows no favoritism and being conformed to that image. If one thinks God shows partiality and favoritism which Jm 2:8-9, 1 Tim 5:21 and Duet 10:17 clearly says he doesn't

Calvinism does NOT teach that "God shows partiality and favoritism".

That would be one who shows partiality for if they think God does it

We DON'T "think God does it".

So you're kicking Calvinists out of heaven.
Got it.
Do you know what the word, "chutzpah" means?

God's Nature IS a Hermetic, but it's not the Prime Hermeneutic; that's Scripture Alone. Therefore, God Hates All who Sin...
If you're saying God hates all who sin based on a scripture like Ps 5:5 then you're misunderstanding the spirit in which that verse it meant to be understood. I hope you realize you can be doing that. You have to weigh, assess and compare with how that one scripture needs reconciled with others where God even tells us to LOVE our enemies and he adds that we might be the children of our Father in Heaven does the same. It's all there Rev. You can read about it in Matt 5:44. You MUST let other scriptures balance out what you're saying.

I suppose the Argument is really about the Prime Hermeneutic; that resolves everything...
Not sure Rev why you see the need to use fancy words like the Prime Hermeneutic. Your choice I guess. So if you're saying the most important thing is what the Bible says fair enough. A bible verse can't be used as the end and everything about how you're to understand a subject. Other scriptures may have to come into play to get the spirit of what is meant or one falls into cherry picking verses and imposing false meanings into the text. It's called rightly dividing the word of truth.

If you're saying God hates all who sin based on a scripture like Ps 5:5 then you're misunderstanding the spirit in which that verse it meant to be understood. I hope you realize you can be doing that. You have to weigh, assess and compare with how that one scripture needs reconciled with others where God even tells us to LOVE our enemies and he adds that we might be the children of our Father in Heaven does the same. It's all there Rev. You can read about it in Matt 5:44. You MUST let other scriptures balance out what you're saying.
I thinks it's you who needs to reconcile your position with God and Scripture.

Not sure Rev why you see the need to use fancy words like the Prime Hermeneutic. Your choice I guess. So if you're saying the most important thing is what the Bible says fair enough. A bible verse can't be used as the end and everything about how you're to understand a subject.
You mean as you do with, "God is love?" *sigh*

Other scriptures may have to come into play to get the spirit of what is meant or one falls into cherry picking verses and imposing false meanings into the text. It's called rightly dividing the word of truth.
*sigh*

Back