The KJB translators did not add to the word of God with the italicized words. Proof. They never got the plagues written in Revelation.

1769 Oxford.
And what has a misprint in one KJB have to do with the 1769 Oxford?
The 1769 Oxford edition is said to have at least 116 errors although they were probably more than that since the 1806 edition said to have corrected 116 errors still had some other errors that were found in the 1769.

The 1769 Oxford edition was not free from all man-made errors as some KJV-only authors have claimed or assumed. Post-1900 or present forms of the KJV are not preserved exactly and completely the same as the 1769 edition. Concerning this edition, Christopher Anderson observed: “There had not been sufficient vigilance in superintendence, as more than a hundred errors have been detected since” (Annals of the English Bible, II, p. 560). Adam Thomson claimed: “Dr. Blayney’s edition itself is very incorrect; the errors are both numerous and important” (Report from the Select Committee, March, 1860, p. 42). Blackford Condit asserted that Blayney’s 1769 edition “was not entirely free from errors, which were discovered to the number of one hundred sixteen, when it was collated for Eyre and Strahan’s edition of the Bible in 1806” (History of the English Bible, p. 397). Likewise, Calmet’s Dictionary of the Holy Bible confirmed: “In collating the edition of 1806 with Dr. Blayney’s, not fewer than one hundred and sixteen errors were discovered” (I, p. 312). P. W. Raidabaugh also reported that “not fewer than one hundred and sixteen errors were discovered in collating the edition of 1806 with Dr. Blayney’s” (History of the English Bible, p. 61). Phil Stringer claimed that the 1806 Eyre and Strahan revision “was not able to take the place of the 1769 Paris-Blayney revision” (Unbroken Bible, p. 290). Alexander McClure indicated that the 1769 KJV was "the standard edition" until one was published in 1806 by Eyre and Strahan, printers to his Majesty (KJV Translators Revived, p. 223). Thomas Horne maintained that Blayney’s 1769 edition “must now yield the palm of accuracy” to the 1806 edition printed by Woodfall (Summary, p. 63). Perhaps the 1806 revision could be said to have taken the place of the 1769 although it failed to correct some of its errors so that more corrections, changes, and revisions continued to be made throughout the 1800’s.

T. H. Darlow and H. F. Moule observed that the 1769 edition "contains many misprints, probably more than 'the commonly estimated number of 116‘" (Historical Catalogue of the Printed Editions of Holy Scriptures, I, p. 294). The Cyclopaedia of Literary and Scientific Anecdote edited by William Keddie asserted: “What is in England called the Standard Bible is that printed at Oxford, in 1769, which was superintended by Dr. Blayney; yet it has been ascertained that there are at least one hundred and sixteen errors in it” (p. 189). The Cambridge History of the Bible noted that Blayney’s edition “was indeed erroneous in many places” (Vol. 3, p. 464). David Daniell also asserted that the 1769 Oxford standard KJV edition included “many errors,” and that it repeated “most of Dr. Paris’s errors” (Bible in English, pp. 606, 620). Before a committee of Parliament, Adam Thomson stated: “Dr. Blayney’s edition itself is very incorrect; the errors are both numerous and important” (Reports from Committees, Vol. XXII, p. 42). In an overstatement at least concerning omissions, William Loftie asserted that “Blayney’s folio of 1769” “abounds in omissions and misprints: yet this is still considered a standard edition” (Century of Bibles, p. 21). E. W. Bullinger maintained that the 1762 and 1769 editions "made many emendations of the Text; some of them very needless, and also introduced errors of their own, not always those pertaining to the printer" (Figures of Speech, p. 987). Concerning this 1769 Oxford edition, Lea Wilson asserted: “I find therein many errors of considerable importance, and unwarrantable departures from the text of the first edition” (Bibles, Testaments, p. 128). John M’Clintock and James Strong asserted concerning Blayney’s 1769 edition: “But very soon his errors, one by one, came to light; some were corrected at one press, some at another; just has had been the case before; passages really correct were changed in ignorance, and the upshot of it all was, that in a very few years there was no standard again” (Cyclopaedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature, Vol. I, p. 563).

In general. But of course you do not want to give an answer.
Answer what?

I have more info on the printing errors in the 1611 KJB.

There were 421 of them.

And here is slightly over 1/2 of them

TOWARDS has been changed to TOWARD 14 times.

BURNT has been changed to BURNED 31 times.

AMONGST has been changed to AMONG 36 times.

LIFT has been changed to LIFTED 51 times.

YOU has been changed to YE 82 times.

There are typically many 1000s of errors in almost all new versions right now.
And printing is so much easier.

Answer what?

There were 421 of them.

You are avoiding my question. You do not eat to answer does God sovereign over Printers?

The 1611 printing did have quite a number of errors.

But font change, updated spelling and printer errors are not errors in the text.

So, 1769 Oxford KJB.
You do not know who made the errors that were found in the 1611 edition of the KJV. It has not been proven that they were all the fault of the printers. Errors are still errors regardless of whether they were supposedly made by a printer, editor, or translator.

Answer what?

There were 421 of them.
You are appealing to outdated, inaccurate information that was compiled by D. A. Waite in 1985. You show that you have not checked the evidence for yourself. You are blindly repeating incorrect information.

I compared the same two editions of the KJV and found that there were actually over 2,000 of the same type differences instead of only 421. After I sent Waite a copy of my research, Waite would change his count up to 1095, still failing to count all the differences.

The KJV flat out fell flat on its face here:

Acts 5:30-32 KJV​

The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

It says they killed Jesus then hung Him on a tree (cross). That’s not what happened at all. He died whilst hanging on the tree(cross).
It doesn't say that they killed Jesus, then hanged him on a tree; rather, it says that they slew him and hanged him on a tree. Accuracy is important...

It doesn't say that they killed Jesus, then hanged him on a tree; rather, it says that they slew him and hanged him on a tree. Accuracy is important...

Well, the KJV is flawed here in that allows the interpretation of two different sequential actions, "slew" and "hanged". Since this is in a thread by a poster proclaiming the KJV as "without error", I will righty take issue with the rendering. While technically not incorrect, it is far from "perfect".

The verb "slew" is an aorist verb, but "hanged" is not a verb, but an aorist participle ("hanging").
Further, the word "kai" ("and") is absent from the text.

I would suggest better renderings:
"... whom you slew, hanged on a tree."
"... whom you slew [by] hanging [him] on a tree."
"... whom you slew, having hanged [him] on a tree."

"... whom you killed by hanging him on a tree." (ESV)
"... whom you seized and killed by hanging him on a tree." (NET)
"... whom you had murdered by hanging Him on a tree." (HCSB)
"... whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross." (NASB)

And for those who take issue with the NASB's rendering of "cross", I just have to point out that if the KJV rendered it "cross" and the NASB rendered it "tree", then @SavedByTheLord would be the first to complain because Jesus wasn't hanged on a tree, but on a cross." Truth clearly doesn't matter to him.

But someone who is slew (I know that's not the correct tense I'm using here but to prove a point) is also killed.

You do not have reliable, accurate information on the 1611 edition of the KJV and its errors. You cited outdated, inaccurate information.

There were 421 of them. If you have the latest info just post it.

And you see yourself as the ultimate arbitrator of truth and error.

You just posted this exact same post yesterday.

Why do you feel the need to spam the forums with the same posts over and over? It's rude.

Back