What things in the Catholic/Eastern Orthodox church teachings of TODAY are NOT in the Early Church Fathers' Teachings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is only one church jesus established with the bishop of rome as the earthly head and not your idea of every believer in the different religious man-made organizations with different conflicting doctrines.
And it is not your institution which teaches false doctrines and there was no bishop of rome in Jesus' day and Peter was never a bishop of rome. My idea of Jesus' church is it is a light not a place where evil flourishes. Your institution is a false church where evil flourishes and wolves teach. Your institution is full of conflicting doctrines and beliefs, we have seen it in the RC posts. By the way varying end time views are fine and the bible is meant to be discussed and debated. The only group afraid to discuss scripture is the RCC. The Jewish people will debate for days on one word and its meaning.

his church is just one and it is the church with the successor of peter as the earthly head. it is one faith, one lord, and one baptism.
Rubbish your institution is the opposite of his church, Peter was never head of anything. You have conflicting views we see it posted here by RCs. You are putting your head in the sand and avoiding the truth. One baptism really? Don't make me laugh. We have heard of many forms of baptisms in the RCC.

his church is just one and it is the church with the successor of peter as the earthly head. it is one faith, one lord, and one baptism.
Rubbish your institution is the opposite of his church, Peter was never head of anything. You have conflicting views we see it posted here by RCs. You are putting your head in the sand and avoiding the truth. One baptism really? Don't make me laugh. We have heard of many forms of baptisms in the RCC.

Really it is insulting Jesus and Peter when RCCs claim this, they would never have allowed the evil and false doctrines of the RCC.

What things in the Catholic/Eastern Orthodox church teachings of TODAY are NOT in the Early Church Fathers' Teachings?

I'm developing a list...

i.e.,

Assumption of Mary

got any more...?
Use of a 27-book New Testament as scripture is a prime change. John Chrysostom (c. 400 AD) used as smaller canon that did not include 2 Peter, 2&3 John, Jude or Revelation.

The Septuagint was the original basis for scriptures used by Christians; it took several hundred years to for the New Testament to exist in the current form.

Really it is insulting Jesus and Peter when RCCs claim this, they would never have allowed the evil and false doctrines of the RCC.
despite your ad hominems, it is still the church jesus established with peter given the keys of heaven as the first earthly head. all you can do is evade and deny with your repeating accusations.

despite your ad hominems, it is still the church jesus established with peter given the keys of heaven as the first earthly head. all you can do is evade and deny with your repeating accusations.
those are false teachings of the RCC.

catholics evade and deny God's word.

Jesus did not establish a church with the bishop of Rome as its leader.

There was no bishop of Rome in the time of Jesus and the apostles.
An Apostolic see is any see founded by an Apostle and having the authority of its founder; the Apostolic See is the seat of authority in the Roman Church, continuing the Apostolic functions of Peter, the chief of the Apostles. Heresy and barbarian violence swept away all the particular Churches which could lay claim to an Apostolic see, until Rome alone remained; to Rome, therefore, the term applies as a proper name. But before heresy, schism, and barbarian invasions had done their work, as early as the fourth century, the Roman See was already the Apostolic See par excellence, not only in the West but also in the East.... from cathen.

those are false teachings of the RCC.

catholics evade and deny God's word.
as i said, your ad hominems are lame excuses that the catholic chuech is the church jesus established with peter given the keys of heaven as the first earthly head.

I really wish RCs would learn what ad hominem means. I have made none, the true facts are not ad hominem. Every time you falsely accuse me of an ad hominem, you are doing an ad hominem. You are making a personal attack against me. I have not made one against you.

It is not the church established by Jesus, discern the fruit it tell us who established the RCC and it is not Jesus. Peter was not the first head and he would be appalled to be associated with your evil leaders. I have not denied. I have shown the true facts that show the fruit smells. It has condoned and encouraged murders, jealously, torture, forced conversions, orgies, fornication, paedophiles, lies upon lie upon lie, it has been cruel and shown no empathy the list is long and is not new. The latest scandals are just the latest in a long line of evil which shows its true founder. It is not an ad hominem at all to list these things which prove the claims of your institution are false. It is following scripture to do so.

Matt 7:16

By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Yep your institution is not producing grapes it is producing thorns.

Phil 1;11

filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God.

Your institution is filled with the fruit of unrighteousness that does not come through Jesus.

Luke 3: 8-9

Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance, and do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father,’ for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham. Indeed the axe is already laid at the root of the trees; so every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.”

Your institution is not producing good fruit.

An Apostolic see is any see founded by an Apostle and having the authority of its founder; the Apostolic See is the seat of authority in the Roman Church, continuing the Apostolic functions of Peter, the chief of the Apostles. Heresy and barbarian violence swept away all the particular Churches which could lay claim to an Apostolic see, until Rome alone remained; to Rome, therefore, the term applies as a proper name. But before heresy, schism, and barbarian invasions had done their work, as early as the fourth century, the Roman See was already the Apostolic See par excellence, not only in the West but also in the East.... from cathen.
An apostolic see is a joke and does not exist except in the mind of the RCC. Your leaders do not follow the apostles, act like the apostles or obey their teachings. Rome was not meant to be the centre of the real church.

as i said, your ad hominems are lame excuses that the catholic chuech is the church jesus established with peter given the keys of heaven as the first earthly head.
That once again is not an ad hominem, they are the truth about your institution. Jesus and Peter would not touch it or its evil fruit with anything, they would flee from it.

Last edited:
from your CATHOLIC source. where do find that stuff in scripture? post the verses.

if the church established by jesus falls under the father of lies, how can one expect it to not err when it teaches on matters of faith and morals?
What you stated in your prior response has absolutely nothing to do with church infallibility; rather it was on the fate of the old covenant people. So why state it? You jumped from a lesson on Sheol to church infallibility. That's a huge leap, especially since one doesn't have anything to do with the other. Clarify.

Belief in the Assumption goes back to apostolic era and it is found in the ancient liturgies of the Church. In Rome the Assumption or Dormitio of the Blessed Virgin Mary appears in the 7th century to have been celebrated for an indefinite period of time. St. John Damascene taught it. It was taught by early church fathers and found in the early liturgies of the Church. The Assumption has been proclaimed by popes, taught by bishops, saints, doctors of the church, contained in liturgies, litanies and processions and became universally practiced long before Pius XII solemnized it
Post your claims with citations, waiting?

when i say god is omniscient and since i am fallible, my statement cannot be trusted?
Of course God's omniscient! That's apples and oranges. Rather, when you say that the church in Rome is the one that Christ instituted, your statement cannot be trusted because, as you stated, you're fallible. You can't make the claims that you've been making for Rome's prominence because you're fallible. All in all, you are in the very same conundrum you claim non-Catholics are in, that is that you're fallible and so are we. Therefore, there is only one option and that is to trust the only infallible deposit God has given- the Scriptures alone and not a church who claims they must be interpreted for you. That would be a fallible decision you made and one we reject. Sure, there will be doctrinal disagreements- due to our humanity, it comes with the territory -but there is no disagreement on the Scriptural teaching on salvation and that's what counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back