4 Reasons Romans 7 is a Pre- Christian Experience

lol!

Had given and have given are two different groups. Jesus was at that time speaking only about the disciples that were then following him. The world could therefore include those who would be given but had not yet been given. It has nothing to do with "Calvinist belief" and everything to do with proper exegesis.
Except Calvinists believe in unconditional election before the foundation of the world

so all the elect had/have been given to Christ

Now if you want to deny all the elect have been given to Christ according to unconditional election before the foundation of the world then I would agree with you

BTW I do agree in the context those who were given are the apostles

The point however is world does not mean elect in that passage or any other in scripture

Then your mind needs some correction...

Zeal and the object of zeal cannot be same thing. God's law is objective, outside ourselves; however, zeal for it is subjective and may, or may not, be present in one who acknowledges the truth and righteousness of God's law.
You cannot be zealous about nothing; to have no object is to preclude zeal. You can have an object without having zeal, but you cannot be zealous without something about which to be zealous. So to talk about delighting in your zealousness assumes the existence of the object about which you are zealous, and the delight is equally for the object about which you are zealous. It is not a question of them being the same "thing" per se, but that if there is zeal for object X, and that there is delight in being zealous, then there is delight to one degree or another for the object or goal of the zeal.

Doug

Then why are you posting in the Arminianism and Calvinism board?
I care about what the Scriptures say. Calvin nor any commentary is irrelevant to me. It's just an appeal to authority. @Johnnybgood rejects Calvin's writings, unless it's of use to him.

Also I do not agree with everything Calvin wrote or believed, nor do I need to. Most would call me a hyper Calvinist but I am a high Calvinist. I believe i have a right to post on this subforum moreso than the Pelagians here.

Im under the new covenant contained in the NT . Read Galatians and the purpose of the law . You are saying just the opposite of Paul. I will believe scripture not your version of it .
We are under all the bible.
Galatians was answering jews who said the gentiles had to follow the law of Moses, and all the ceremonial laws in order to be saved.
the law keeping of does not save as all men are guilty having sinned in Adam ,and cannot be sinless.
You need to learn about the law, you need to learn about grace.
you need to learn about the grace of law.
What you are offering from Galatians is not the main theme we are discussing.

No thank you I will stick with Paul who I quoted above . I’m not a slave in bondage to the law since as Paul said Jesus set us free from the old bond woman .
Paul is speaking of obeying the law in order to establish righteousness. Respectfully, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Is loving God and your neighbor law keeping or gospel?

Titus 3:10
As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him

Romans 16:17
Now I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who create divisions and obstacles that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Turn away from them
Do you mean those who disagree with you?
Or those who out of kindness are trying to teach you something? Or give you another view other than your own to think about?

Titus 3:10
As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him

Romans 16:17
Now I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who create divisions and obstacles that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Turn away from them
JBG's position is, he does not sin, cf 1Jn 1:8.

A faithful Jewish student, indeed a student of the Pharisee’s whose emphatic and deliberate attention to obedience to all 613 laws of the Mosaic law would, and should be conflicted over an inability to keep the law which they have been taught must always be obeyed!

I was raised in a very strict, legalistic Christian home. I was taught from birth about right and wrong and what God says we should do and should not do. I always knew when I was doing something wrong, and sometimes I did things wrong that I didn’t want to do because I knew my parents and God would be angry with me, and punishment would be certain! I knew and understood that the rules were good, and I didn’t want to disobey and offend my earthly father and God. But I always ended up doing what I shouldn’t. The older I got, the more conflicted and frustrated I became , and I was not yet a believer. I was just a religious kid raised in church to obey and love God and I couldn’t seem to get it right, and it was killing me with guilt!

So I know from experience that I knew what was right and didn’t want to be bad, but did, and was frustrated to distraction that I did it again! Then the truth of the gospel broke me, and with Paul, I said that the power of sin could only be broken by God through Jesus Christ! Rom 7:14-from was my life before I found Christ.

Doug
Worldly remorse leading to death (2 Cor 7:9-10. ... <shrug>

Back