How not to defend the Bible.

Their creedal beliefs are in fact the idol they serve, an idol which they have made for themselves to serve.

Too many people think they can just arbitrarily stick the label "truth" on their beliefs and suppose it therefore is so.
Yes they do. They just take the word of some other, mostly preachers, that sounds good they can relate to instead of listening to what Jesus said we should be in the Father as he was.

When you read of Jesus and the disciples he picked, he didnt pick those of a religious belief, he picked the sinners, tax collectors, lawyers and the alike. Why? Because these didnt have anything to unlearn, stuck in pit of religiosity that Jesus knew very well he could not persuade these one way or the other. But the ones he picked didnt have anything to unlearn, only everything to gain.

And it is the same today, God does not pick these pew gathers, he cant they won't listen let alone follow God in His ways, and we have that very proof in this very forum.

How many are like Him as He demands of us?

When you read of Jesus and the disciples he picked, he didnt pick those of a religious belief, he picked the sinners, tax collectors, lawyers and the alike. Why? Because these didnt have anything to unlearn, stuck in pit of religiosity that Jesus knew very well he could not persuade these one way or the other. But the ones he picked didnt have anything to unlearn, only everything to gain.

Exactly right. God wants men whom HE can teach. "They will all be taught by God."

For the same reason, it is difficult for the rich man to enter the Kingdom - he sees that he has too much to lose and perceives he has little to gain. But he is a fool. The things of the world are dung compared to the riches God gives.

And it is the same today, God does not pick these pew gathers, he cant they won't listen let alone follow God in His ways, and we have that very proof in this very forum.

How many are like Him as He demands of us?

Most choose to love the world rather than God but they pretend to themselves otherwise and somehow suppose this self deception is somehow going to work out for them. But you cannot serve both God and mammon or you will love the one and hate the other. Since they cannot have both they choose mammon and deceive themselves into believe they have chosen God. Like complete madmen they think they can add God and His salvation to their collection of worldly things. Jesus said that just won't work but they aren't listening.

Last edited:
All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:6-7
Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.
For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls. 1 Peter 2:24-25
Truth? Everyone has one dont they?
"John has testified to the truth.
I have testimony weightier than that of John.
And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. John 5:33:37

If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; 1 John 5:9-13

Was that a way for you to confuse yourself?
No because I'm not confused.
Jesus was the truth because He expressed God Himself.
You're taking "I am ... the truth" too literally. As I just demonstrated, doing so results in nonsensical statements because to equate Jesus as the literal truth is a category error. It's like saying that red is false!
I guess you need more time to think about it.
You need more time to accept that you took a passage about Jesus's silence before the high priest out of context. It is wrong to claim that Jesus never defended himself because he did defend himself as I have proved.

Anyway, you've got a very mean-spirited edge in your posts. Can't you discuss the issues without insulting people?

With that particular statement, yes you were.

You're taking "I am ... the truth" too literally.

No I'm not. Let me know when you are actually listening.

As I just demonstrated, doing so results in nonsensical statements because to equate Jesus as the literal truth is a category error. It's like saying that red is false!

You demonstrated that you don't comprehend when you commit a logical fallacy.

God speaks truth. Jesus is God's word. God's word is truth and that word is Jesus. That's why he said what he did.

But you completely missed that.

You need more time to accept that you took a passage about Jesus's silence before the high priest out of context.

I didn't take anything out of context.

It is wrong to claim that Jesus never defended himself because he did defend himself as I have proved.

Anyway, you've got a very mean-spirited edge in your posts. Can't you discuss the issues without insulting people?

When you stop behaving like a jerk.

When you stop behaving like a jerk.
You may wish to follow these instructions:
Gently insert the applicator tip into the (blank) and squeeze the tube to apply a small amount of this medication. Also apply some medication to the outside of the (blank). After each use, clean the applicator tip well and replace the protective cover. Dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
When the pain subsides, and you're feeling calm, then get back to me.

Our Lord's God said:
Too many people think they can just arbitrarily stick the label "truth" on their beliefs and suppose it therefore is so.
Jesus answered, “I am ·the way, and the truth, and the life [the one true way to have life ·The only way to the Father is through me]  No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
Gary Mac said:
Truth? Everyone has one dont they?
John has testified to the truth.
And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. John 5:33-37
If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; 1 John 5:9-13
When you read of Jesus and the disciples he picked, he didnt pick those of a religious belief, he picked the sinners, tax collectors, lawyers and the alike.
And it is the same today, God does not pick these pew gathers, he cant they won't listen let alone follow God in His ways,
Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you. 32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw it, you did not afterward relent and believe him. Matt 21
and we have that very proof in this very forum. How many are like Him as He demands of us?
33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.
34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.”
35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
Exactly right. God wants men whom HE can teach. "They will all be taught by God."
45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.
46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.
47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.
48 I am the bread of life. John 6:33-48

Last edited:

You're taking "I am ... the truth" too literally. As I just demonstrated, doing so results in nonsensical statements because to equate Jesus as the literal truth is a category error. It's like saying that red is false!

You need more time to accept that you took a passage about Jesus's silence before the high priest out of context. It is wrong to claim that Jesus never defended himself because he did defend himself as I have proved.

Evil spirit is the better term for this person. He accuses God and Jesus of gnostic liars. But he is to lazy to look up what gnostics believe making himself even look more the foolish. Gnostics believe that Gods Spirit resides in man, Sounds familiar doesnt it?

He doesnt believe that Gods Spirit resides in man he thinks a man is a god instead. That is why he accuses Jesus of evil gnosticism.

Jesus answered, “I am ·the way, and the truth, and the life [the one true way to have life ·The only way to the Father is through me]  No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
A misquote, Not through me but by me, having the same from God as he had from God. No one comes to the Father except His same way as Jesus received from the Father in Matt 3:16.

You aint gonna know what that is without the same in you.
John has testified to the truth.
And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. John 5:33-37
Me to. He in me and I in Him are one.

You have read the witness of men, especially the witness of Jesus of the Father, you just dont believe that witness is all.
Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.
That is why he chose these as his disciples instead of you religious folk who worship different gods aside from Him. The tax collectors hasrlots, lawyers, didnt have any religious minds to unlearn and Jesus knew people as yourself never would come to the same place in the Father he was in the Father.
32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him; but tax collectors and harlots believed him; and when you saw it, you did not afterward relent and believe him. Matt 21
There ya go. There is your witness.
33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.
Yes the One who came down and opened in Jesus who He is and all of His heaven in Jesus
that you say is gnostic lies.
34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.”
35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
Whoever comes to him will, but you are eating for him to come to you that you may regulate him by your religious beliefs fort the gods you have created in your own mind.
45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.
Bingo, Jesus was very clear that in that day ye won't ask me anyth9ing but go to the Father for yourself and He will give it you just as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16 where you will need no man teach, not even Jesu for God Himself will come to you and be in you and sup with you. but that isn't going to happen is it?
46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.
Amen and when, or if you ever do see Him as He is ye shall be like him as well. 1 John 3 that you do not believe at all, for that is gnostic lies for you isn't it
47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.
48 I am the bread of life. John 6:33-48
Not for you, you have reject that bread of life which is Gods Spirit be in you. To you that would be gnostic heresies.

Our Lord's God said:
Was that a way for you to confuse yourself?

You're taking "I am ... the truth" too literally.

Evil spirit is the better term for this person. He accuses God and Jesus of gnostic liars. But he is to lazy to look up what gnostics believe making himself even look more the foolish. Gnostics believe that Gods Spirit resides in man, Sounds familiar doesnt it?

He doesnt believe that Gods Spirit resides in man he thinks a man is a god instead. That is why he accuses Jesus of evil gnosticism.
Try to keep up with the thread, grumpy is our lord's god,
And you're the empty gnostic who can't fathom that believer's have access to God through Christ; Having been justified by faith (Rom 5:1)

Reactions: Mik
Christians believe God's spirit resides in some people if that's what you're asking.
My beef with such people is that they can't take correction and have a hissy fit when I try to set them straight.

Gary Mac said:
Evil spirit is the better term for this person...
If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!
Gary Mac said:
Christians believe God's spirit resides in some people if that's what you're asking.
You, however, are not carnal, in the flesh but are in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. Rom 8:9
My beef with such people is that they can't take correction and have a hissy fit when I try to set them straight.
Your friend Gary is incensed because he can't comprehend that Jesus is the Christ and refers to him as a man instead.
As for your gripe, if are reviled on account of Jesus Christ the Anointed One, consider yourself blessed; On their part he is blasphemed, but on your part he is glorified.
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and we all, with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory; 2 Cor 3:17-18

Last edited:
Gary Mac said:
Evil spirit is the better term for this person...
If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!
Gary Mac said:
Unknown Soldier said:
You, however, are not carnal, in the flesh but are in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. Rom 8:9
Unknown Soldier said:
Your friend Gary is incensed because he can't comprehend that Jesus is the Christ and refers to him as a man instead.
As for your gripe, if you are reviled on account of Jesus Christ the Anointed One, consider yourself blessed; On their part he is blasphemed, but on your part he is glorified.
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and we all, with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory; 2 Cor 3:17-18

And you're the empty gnostic who can't fathom that believer's have access to God through Christ; Having been justified by faith (Rom 5:1)
The reality of it is I had access by the same Spirit of Christ, Gods anointing, but now that He is manifest in me He is in control of my being. Justification isn't by faith at all, so obvious in your accusations of the ways of God and Jesus as being gnostic liars.

The reality of it is I had access by the same Spirit of Christ, Gods anointing, but now that He is manifest in me He is in control of my being.
The reality is that there is nothing reliable that comes out of your gnostic mouth; Since God is the author of peace through Christ Jesus. 1 Cor 14:33
Justification isn't by faith at all, so obvious in your accusations of the ways of God and Jesus as being gnostic liars.
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who endured the cross, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb 12:1-2 Since He is alive forever, He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him; Heb 7:25

The reality is that there is nothing reliable that comes out of your gnostic mouth; Since God is the author of peace through Christ Jesus. 1 Cor 14:33
Out of my mouth for sure -- because I repeat that what Jesus said you should be and would be if you followed him to his God. Only because to you His ways is noting reliable and gnostic doesnt mean we who has received from God that what Jesus did as God commands of you as well, is only because your agnostic mind won't allow.
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who endured the cross, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Heb 12:1-2 Since He is alive forever, He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him; Heb 7:25
Jesus is not the author and finisher of my faith, God is, all Jesus could do was lead me to the Father. I followed Jesus in His ways in the Father. It would do you well to follow Jesus yourself, but as long as that agnostic antichrist spirit that you cling to has its spell on you, you will continue to go without.

You really do not know why God sent Jesus do you?

Out of my mouth for sure -- because I repeat that what Jesus said ...
You love repeating your gnostic delusions that your jesus went astray and was separated from God until John B corrected him.
And like a confused gnostic you bounce back and forth between pretending to be spiritually enlightened through your corrupt knowledge Gen 3:22 which is commonly known as the cause of the fall and giving lip service to receiving the Spirit Matt 3:16 which is commonly known as a gift received through faith: Turn from your old ways, believe in the Lord Jesus and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38
You really do not know why God sent Jesus do you?
To save his people from their sins. Matt 1:21 In whom we have redemption; The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
You know the Word God sent His people, Acts 10:36
Jesus is not the author and finisher of my faith,
But whoever does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16
No doubt that is straight from your defiled heart and mind. But the faithless, even their mind and conscience are defiled.

Last edited:
Back