Grace cannot be demanded

IF Messiah's coming and His death were only for the Elect -
was the promise of the Messiah and His redemptive work made only to the Elect?

Last edited:
Welcome to the calvinist camp, except I don't see any calvinist banners. Hmm. Could it be because this should be a basic doctrine not owned by anybody? (I am pushing that one needs to stop labeling beliefs they don't like Calvinism. Either it is true, or it is not, regardless of the designer clothes it wears, or lack thereof.
This is what one should know from studying God. (Not Calvin.) Calvin happened to believe it and teach it. So did Paul. So did a lot of other people. So did Jesus. It all goes back to... God. We should not be "I am of Paul", or "I am of Apollos". We can learn from them (discipleship), but we were not born of them. We were born of Christ.
Chuckle!!! I've always been a "Calvinist leaning" eclectic. Calvin did get some stuff accurate after all.

POTENTIALLY - yes. It was a SIN OFFERING, the same as what the Israelites did every year - but with a different type of BLOOD. (Isa 53)
Sorry, I have to disagree with the potential remark.

BIblically this sacrifice includes being made alive in Him, being saved in Him, raising us up with Him, being seated in the heavenlies in Him, paying the debt of the persons sins &c. That's exactly what took place on the cross and this took place and was finished some 2000 years ago. There is no such thing as "potential" salvation in what Christ did as this (these things) didn't happen for every single person who would ever live. Salvation was accomplished, it isn't potential. Note Ephesians 2 & Colossians 1, 2.

As far as the sacrifices of Israel, a type and shadow of Christ, it was only for His people, not the world at large. They both show the exclusivity of salvation, not potential.

the Hyper Calvinists
Specifically? Prove your initial remark with tangible evidence.
seem to think
"Seem to think?" Based upon what? Documentation? Or is this merely an unsubstantiated accusation?
it was applied to Them before the foundation of the World
The above is only arrived at after being based upon unsubstantiated and baseless conclusions.

Your post may sound "good to go" to those who don't actually think, but, for the rest of us? It's nonsense.

the Hyper Calvinists seem to think it was applied to Them before the foundation of the World
Defined by GTY ministries of John MacArthur by Phil Johnson below :

hyper-Calvinist is one who:
  1. Denies that the gospel call applies to all who hear, OR
  2. Denies that faith is the duty of every sinner, OR
  3. Denies that the gospel makes any “offer” of Christ, salvation, or mercy to the non-elect (or denies that the offer of divine mercy is free and universal), OR
  4. Denies that there is such a thing as “common grace,” OR
  5. Denies that God has any sort of love for the non-elect.
As Phil says, “All five varieties of hyper-Calvinism undermine evangelism or twist the gospel message.” So this is the key to understanding hyper-Calvinism: it undermines evangelism and/or somehow distorts the gospel message.

Back