How do athiests know if something is true or not?

All too often our bodies go wrong. This is what you'd expect under evolution, but not if designed by an omnipotent, omniscient God.
Hey? We are now in a fallen state. If what you claimed took place while having the resurrection body of the future? Then you would have a valid argument. As of now, you are ignorant of the facts.

Ironically.. We first learn much about how fantastically designed our body is when things do go wrong with it. God is no fool. Its a wake up call for the dullards who took their body functions for granted. They first learn how complex it really is if they have an intelligent mind. An "honest" intelligent mind, that is.

If the universe is natural, nothing can't be the starting point. You seem to think that if the universe is natural it could only start with nothing, which is impossible in your eyes. Considering the universe is turning out to be a rather counter intuitive place, your thinking is at the very least, hasty.
Add that to your compost heap.... BS.

May I have a lollipop now?

Hey? We are now in a fallen state.
Unevidenced claim.
If what you claimed took place while having the resurrection body of the future? Then you would have a valid argument. As of now, you are ignorant of the facts.
What facts?
Ironically.. We first learn much about how fantastically designed our body is when things do go wrong with it.
Can't be that fantastic then.
God is no fool. Its a wake up call for the dullards who took their body functions for granted. They first learn how complex it really is if they have an intelligent mind. An "honest" intelligent mind, that is.
Unevidenced explanation.

Unevidenced claim.

What facts?

Can't be that fantastic then.

Unevidenced explanation.
You will not evolve into an asbestos body. For that would take a million years before it could happen....

In other words? You must be able to survive while you are in the process of becoming able to survive. Small physical changes is not evolution. No more than developing a tan while exposed to the sun. Certain abilities to change have been built into biological life precisely because God is omniscient.

You have fun being a jerk. I understand. I knew some people like you. ;)

You will not evolve into an asbestos body. For that would take a million years before it could happen....
Your point?
In other words? You must be able to survive while you are in the process of becoming able to survive.
Creatures do, although when they evolve to better fit their environment they survive in more numbers.
Small physical changes is not evolution. No more than developing a tan while exposed to the sun. Certain abilities to change have been built into biological life precisely because God is omniscient.
This is circular, you are arguing for God by appealing to what God has done.
You have it slightly wrong, i'm having fun pointing out the errors of a jerk.

You're trying to play the god of the gaps game. It's plain to see. You think an honest "I don't know" is somehow justification for your theism. It isn't.
Apparently you don't actually have the evidence you claimed to have had.
Alrighty then.

That solves that one.

Next! ??‍♂️

In other words? You must be able to survive while you are in the process of becoming able to survive. Small physical changes is not evolution. No more than developing a tan while exposed to the sun. Certain abilities to change have been built into biological life precisely because God is omniscient.

But when and why did your god create Covid-19 and syphilis and gonorrhoea and thread worms, or did they evolve?
And when and why did your god create drug resistance by bacteria and herbicide resistance by weeds, or did they evolve?
And when did your god create triticale, or did it evolve from wheat and rye?

But when and why did your god create Covid-19 and syphilis and gonorrhoea and thread worms, or did they evolve?
And when and why did your god create drug resistance by bacteria and herbicide resistance by weeds, or did they evolve?
And when did your god create triticale, or did it evolve from wheat and rye?
God created all these things as we now find them as a result of the fall... Its not how God created this world originally. To blame God is like blaming an automobile company for the state of their car after running into a wall.

:confused:haven't you read? It was only after Adam fell that thorns and thistles first began to appear.

The way we now see things is not how God intends for it to be after everyone makes their choices for, or against.

Until then. You are free to be critical and negative towards God. Some start out that way... and finally the light goes on.

We are free to see God shining through the mess of this world we are presently stuck in.

Many will see God through the darkness. On the other hand.. Some choose to bitch and complain while refusing to see what the other options are.

i will say again... every time you use the toilet. You witness to a design that demands a master genius designer to bring into operation.

i will say again... every time you use the toilet. You witness to a design that demands a master genius designer to bring into operation.
There are many poor aspects to our "design". Do you know how many women used to die in childbirth before modern medicine and techniques?

Couldn't god come up with a better way than having us go to the toilet? What master designer allows this mechanism to fail in later life so people suffer the indignities of incontinence and loss of bowel control?

Some design.

While it is true that philosophy revolves around the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, and one such philosophy of reality and existence includes a supernatural deity, that tends to elevate it to religion....

... unless you want to just call your Christian beliefs a philosophy and we'll argue it on those terms. But the arguments of faith become weaker from that angle because philosophy tends to revolve around mundane, accessible, and common human topics, like morality. The supernatural or transcendent is treated as ad-hoc.
That philosophy revolves around the mundane, accessible, common human topics is itself a philosophy. At least, it is when YOU get to defining what is mundane, accessible and common.

God is pretty mundane, accessible and common as far as I can tell.

I don't really care what our respective approaches are called. They share core commonalities and it doesn't really help your attempt to differentiate by using the term supernatural. It is only your belief in your own particular philosophy that supposes God supernatural. If God then he is as natural as anything else.

You are much a person of faith as me. And there no firmer ground on which you can stand to elevate your faith system above mine (or for that matter, mine above yours).

Back