Who makes intercession ...

And? Nowhere does scripture, Jesus, nor his apostles speak of upcoming prophecies from Mary.

I can also make a prophecy:
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
You aren't understanding the nature of prophesy. According to your reasoning you would have rejected Jesus because none of the prophesies pointed to a poor carpenters son with no worldly power or status.

The nature of prophecy is that it reveals something unknown before the time. If they are listed beforehand that wouldn't be regarded as a prophecy.
You constantly show you do not understand the true meanings of words. Prophets were more than predicting events that are to happen, prophets were also watchmen who gave warnings to the people, they were also messengers from God to the people. They did not go against God's word which is recorded. Marian apparitions do exactly that. Prophecies are more than foretelling.

You aren't understanding the nature of prophesy. According to your reasoning you would have rejected Jesus because none of the prophesies pointed to a poor carpenters son with no worldly power or status.
Well you would be incorrect. There were a lot of prophecies that pointed to Jesus. You have shown over and over again, you do not understand prophets and prophecy.

It is written in the Law and prophets concerning the Messiah; many chose to not believe the prophecies.

There is nothing written concerning future prophecies from Mary.

Stella1000 said:
those born in the church age have the benefit of the NT revelations. some read and understand them, others have no understanding of it even if they do read it. so many, even when it is explained to them, still reject Him.

there were things Jesus said that the 12 didn't understand, it was kept hidden from them.

Mary M didn't recognize Him when she met Him on the road from the tomb.

there were mysteries revealed to Paul that weren't previously given to the 12.

the truth of scripture is kept hidden from catholics. why is that?

it was hidden from me also before I was saved. why was that?

PeanutGallery said:
Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Where is the verse which states Mary, Mother of God, makes intercession for us?
John 2: 1-12
Rev 12:17
plz post, from those verses, WHO it was that asked Mary to intercede with Jesus for them.

Prophesy is a gift of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Church. 1 Cor 14 1-12. It lists a number of gifts all for the building of the Church.
not for the rcc, but for His church.

the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with 'building' the rcc. He can't work against what He inspired - God's word.

what your post tells me is that you have no understanding of the Holy Spirit or how He works in believers.

It is written in the Law and prophets concerning the Messiah; many chose to not believe the prophecies.

There is nothing written concerning future prophecies from Mary.
There is nothing in Scripture concerning the future splintering of Christianity into thousands of different denominations, but what has stopped Protestants from doing so?

There is nothing in Scripture concerning the future splintering of Christianity into thousands of different denominations, but what has stopped Protestants from doing so?
I think Paul speaks of many false teachers to come. but then, the rcc doesn't teach much from his writings.

catholics don't know a group of Christians from one of non christians - all you have is catholic propaganda. why would I believe that? I did for years, then found out it was all lies.

Yes. JPII was so obviously an open book and a living Saint. There was a universal call for his elevation as so many Catholics were drawn to his heavenly intercession immediately after his death.
All those who confess Jesus Christ as Lord and God and Savior are saints, living and dead. Does that mean we can pray to them after they die? Like Corrie Ten Boom? The Rev. Billy Graham? Billy Sunday?

John 2: 1-12

NIV: "

Jesus Changes Water Into Wine​

2 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus’ mother said to him, “They have no more wine.”

4 “Woman,[a] why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.[b]

7 Jesus said to the servants, “Fill the jars with water”; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, “Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.”

They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”

11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

12 After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples. There they stayed for a few days."

Where did Mary make intercession for anyone? No one came to her and told her the wine was gone and asked her to ask her Son to do something about it. Also, Mary was physically alive upon the earth as Jesus was. Mary wasn't dead and in heaven yet. She saw a need and just brought it to her Son's attention.

The Centurion whose servant Jesus healed asked Jewish leaders to go to Jesus and plead to have Him heal his servant. He actually DID send them to intercede for him. Does that mean that these Jewish leaders now offer intercession for us?
Rev 12:17

"17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus."
Nothing here about Mary offering intercession for us in heaven.

I thought Mary was ever virgin--how then, could she have other offspring? Other children? And if you say these are her spiritual offspring, where in the Bible does it say that we are sons and daughters of Mary by faith in Jesus Christ? Instead, Paul says we are the children of God BY faith in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now, kindly show me where in the prayer in the OP the pray-er was asking Mary to intercede for him/her? THAT is the question I have been asking on here, since Catholics insist prayers to the saints are just intercessory prayers.

All those who confess Jesus Christ as Lord and God and Savior are saints, living and dead. Does that mean we can pray to them after they die? Like Corrie Ten Boom? The Rev. Billy Graham? Billy Sunday?
Psst!!! You're forgetting that in order to be a genuine 100% bonafied "Roman Catholic Canonized SAINT", the dearly departed candidate has got to "PROVE" their "heavenly clout" by performing two "Verifiable miracles" when they're prayed to, and asked to do so.

Roman Catholicism has got RULES that have gotta be strictly followed, you know. Not every Tom, Dirk, and Nowitsky can earn the "title".

HEY!!! It took JPII 6 whole years to cough up his second miracle!!!!! Many were starting to wonder if he had it in him.

The Church has a very involved process of testing the spiritual character of a prophet which can take hundreds of years in some cases. They must have proven to live pure godliness to be authentic.
BUt on the other hand the ROman Catholic POPE doesn't have to be "godly", or in the present case even "Christian" to be "Jesus' VICAR on earth".
How does your church determine an authentic prophet?
The Biblical way: track record.

Back