Mormon Requirements for Eternal Life

Good to know.

Got it. Works ARE NOT REQUIRED for SALVATION.
In other words, the commandments are optional. Ok. Good to know. Keep them, don't keep them...it doesn't really matter.
If I even suggest that there might be commandments, then I'm seeking reward. Ok. Well, I am not seeking reward so, "People, do whatever you want. It's all good! God has NOT laid out a path. Baptism is just a meaningless ritual. God is the author of confusion and the path is NOT straight and narrow....but remember the ultimate sign of true discipleship is to reject mormonism."

Yeah, I get it. Some do. And then there's others, that don't.
I guess it doesn't matter because nothing is required for salvation, if I suggest such than I'm seeking salvation, which apparently is a bad thing.
There is no x,y or z to receive salvation....just remember that, and if you suggest it - you're seeking reward, not God's glory.
But let's suppose there's atleast an x - if there's one step people have to do, Christians can get away with giving specific instruction, but Mormons? No, no, no....they're wrong in every circumstance. They can't win for losing.

How do you know God changed your nature? What did you do to receive Christ?

God gave me the new birth; I didn't earn it.

What did the Israelites do to be God's chosen people?

Ezekiel 36

16Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 17Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. 18Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it: 19And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them. 20And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land. 21But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.

22Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. 23And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. 24For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 30And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. 31Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. 32Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

Ephesians 2
1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

There's nothing to be done to receive Christ, and if you suggest there is, the you just are seeking personal reward, remember? According to you, there is no law to follow on which the blessing of salvation is predicated.
Heaven forbid there's anything in the scriptures that says anything about what we MUST do to receive salvation. Anyone that suggest such, must be wrong.
There is none that seeketh after God. Sinners don't have His spirit and can't understand spiritual things, so God brings us to Christ and gives us His Spirit. All glory to God!

Will you continue to say that Christians don't obey God just because God saves us before we please Him? He saves us so that we'll walk in the Light!

Jesus didn't come for the purpose of saving righteous men. There is none righteous. No, not one!

Last edited:
:) Why say something derogatory about the Nicene Creed when it's verbatim in the D&C section 20:17-28? :)
It seems that everyone has their own definition of the Trinity. Mormons were Trinitarian, found in Mormon scripture, who knew?
And yet, you say reading the Bible cause you to find the Trinity, and not Mormon scripture. Very interesting.

How so? If you were to actually do you own research and not listen to anti mormon criticism and false teaching you might begin to change your criticisms.
No. All you really need to do is read the Bible, and have a conscience, to realize that mormonism didn’t come from Christ.

Amazing how close to each other Lds, Sda, JW all really are regarding salvation, as they all hold to being only true church,

Question for the board--how many denominations were there in the Biblical NT--and did that one denomination have a foundation of living, mortal apostles and prophets--Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone?

and a works based salvation!

Another question--is this an example of "works based salvation"?

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

No. All you really need to do is read the Bible, and have a conscience, to realize that mormonism didn’t come from Christ.

Is this the proof of that?

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 7:19-21---King James Version
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Question for the board--how many denominations were there in the Biblical NT--and did that one denomination have a foundation of living, mortal apostles and prophets--Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone?

How many wards and stakes in that period?

I know of two non-works-based salvations, the criminal on the Cross and Samson who is mentioned in Hebrews 11 as a man of Faith and not of works, no record of his baptism Temple marriage especially since he married pagan women No Mormon ordnances or commands, he kept yet mentioned in the Faith chapter in Hebrews 11 :) Samson actually did everything wrong according to his Nazarite vows, he touched dead animals, drank drinks made from grapes and had his hair cut .

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Last edited:
You have an awful misunderstanding of the Bible. You aren't qualified to judge God's word.

Why would God's word need to be judged?

Prophet--How many wards and stakes in that period?

I don't find that detail given--but I do find this truth:

Ephesians 2:20---King James Version
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

You accuse some of us of " easy gracism" and think we don't want to obey Christ. We never said, "God can't change our natures." We claim that He does! If he changed my nature, I owe it all to Him.
We owe it all to Him, regardless.

I don't find anyone who is arguing God can't change our natures--if it were as automatic as some try to maintain--then there wouldn't be any need for this judgment:

John 5:28-29--King James Version

Could you collate for us why all are judged in accordance with their works--and that for life or damnation--and what you claim is true? Both can't be true.

What one finds above in John 5--one will find being taught in the LDS church.

It's too bad that you are ignorant of the Bible.

Rom. 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

The purpose of the law was NEVER to "save". The purpose of the law was to CONVICT us of sin (which is why Jesus kept pointing self-righteous Jews to it), and to lead us to Christ:

Gal. 3:24
So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,

One can't use the Mosaic Law as a standard to maintain obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ isn't required for His grace unto life:

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Denominations don't save.

Read Ephesians 2.

Also ask yourself the following questions:
Who does good? Who is capable of doing good? Who began the good work in us?

One can't use the Mosaic Law as a standard to maintain obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ isn't required for His grace unto life:

Hebrews 5:9---King James Version
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
Did Samson do good works like temple marriage and keeping the Word of Wisdom? Yet his name is mentioned in Hebrew chapter 11 in the Faith chapter, actually Samson married Pagan women :)

Question for the board--how many denominations were there in the Biblical NT--

I believe the correct answer is "one".
(You are apparently ignorant of this answer.)

And that is FAR less than the HUNDREDS of competing "Mormon" sects around today.
So congratulations, dberrrie!
You just shot yourself in the foot!

and did that one denomination have a foundation of living, mortal apostles and prophets--Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone?

And the modern Christian church hsa that SAME foundation of apostles and prophets.
Too bad the LDS church DOESN'T. They've replaced Biblical apostles and prophets with ungodly false teachers like Smith, Young, Benson, Hinckley, Monson, and Nelson.

And Isaiah, Jeremiah, Joel, Habbakuk, Malachi, etc. etc.,
and Peter, James, John, Thomas, etc. etc. aren't "dead".

Or haven't you heard?
"God is not the God of the dead, but God of the living." (Matt. 22:32)

Back