Appointed to Eternal Life !

You're blind to Scripture Tom.

Clear things that are there in the passages I've given you, John 1:13; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, you cannot see. I mean, it really is amazing.

Tom, you preach the false gospel of Robert Sandeman and Charles Grandison Finney. Go study that out, perhaps God will open those blinded eyes of yours. It is apparent you don't study: you don't have TIME to study, your time is consumed on here preaching your error over and over and over.

Sadly you do not preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and show a thorough ignorance of the Gospel throughout history.

Your false gospel is about 150 years old, give or take.
“Repent and believe the good news!” Mark 1:15
Really means……
Be regenerated unto repentance so that you may believe the good news.

What must I do to be saved……Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household. Acts 16:30-31
Really means….
You must be regenerated unto belief and you will be saved, you and your household.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. Romans 1:16
Really means…
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings belief to everyone who is saved: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
Really means….
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you were already saved.

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:10
Really means….
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess you were saved.

our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
Really means….
our salvation is farther behind us now than when we henceforth believed.

God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 1 Cor 1:21
Really means…
God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who were regenerated to believe.

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Galatians 3:2
Really means...
Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or when you were regenerated when you heard and then believed?

Really means……

What must I do to be saved……Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household. Acts 16:30-31
Really means….
You must be regenerated unto belief and you will be saved, you and your household.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. Romans 1:16
Really means…
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings belief to everyone who is saved: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
Really means….
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you were already saved.

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:10
Really means….
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess you were saved.

Really means….

God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 1 Cor 1:21
Really means…
God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who were regenerated to believe.

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Galatians 3:2
Really means...
Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or when you were regenerated when you heard and then believed?
Yep eisegesis rules

just read in regeneration everywhere

Let God give you life that you might believe and as a result you might receive life

Really means……

Really means….

Really means…

Really means….

Really means….

Really means….

Really means…

Really means...
Repent and believe the Gospel is to the regenerate. The unregenerate can't understand the things of the Spirit of God such the Gospel is. The natural man cannot submit to the law or command of God. Rom8

Repent and believe the Gospel is to the regenerate. The unregenerate can't understand the things of the Spirit of God such the Gospel is. The natural man cannot submit to the law or command of God. Rom8
You have to believe before you can be regenerate

1 Pet. 1:18–23 —ESV
“knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold,
but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.
He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you
who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
¶ Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;”

You have to believe before you can be regenerate

1 Pet. 1:18–23 —ESV
“knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold,
but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.
He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you
who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
¶ Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;”
You have to be regenerate to believe, faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

You have to be regenerate to believe, faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22
Wrong

John 5:24 —ESV
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.”

John 5:40 —ESV
“yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.”

John 20:31 —ESV
“but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life

and the fruit of thev spirit is not something unbelievers can have

Unbelievers are not indwelt by the spirit so your claim is just unbiblical

Excellent. Your learning
It was always my opinion

However those who fear God are given certain promises

Psa. 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
Psa. 33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
Psa. 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Psa. 34:9 O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
Psa. 85:9; 103:11 —KJV
“Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him; that glory may dwell in our land.
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.”

and promises for those that love God

Rom. 8:28–30 —KJV
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
¶ For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.”

If you want to call me out call me out on the topic of the board. I disagree with your assertion it is woven throughout scripture
Thank you for stating your hypocrisy. So, now can you explain how God choosing with merit/conditions (starting with Israel in the Old Testament)? The burden of proof is on you to show that God chose with merit, and, due to your new found standard, it must be stated explicitly. I am looking for things like, they are tall, they have light skin, they have dark skin, handsome, beautiful, strong, powerful, etc. An issue with the idea that God looked forward, saw who would get saved, and chose them, is that you end up with an infinite loop. Salvation is because of God, yet you say God had to look forward to see who would be saved and choose them, but salvation is because of God, yet you say God had to look forward to see who would be saved and choose them, but salvation is because of God, yet you say God had to look forward to see who would be saved and choose them, (ad infinitum). There is never a point where God just chose who He would save, by the pleasure of His good will, and saved them. That is the only way to escape the loop, yet, you don't believe that ever happened.

Thank you for stating your hypocrisy. So, now can you explain how God choosing with merit/conditions (starting with Israel in the Old Testament)? The burden of proof is on you to show that God chose with merit, and, due to your new found standard, it must be stated explicitly. I am looking for things like, they are tall, they have light skin, they have dark skin, handsome, beautiful, strong, powerful, etc. An issue with the idea that God looked forward, saw who would get saved, and chose them, is that you end up with an infinite loop. Salvation is because of God, yet you say God had to look forward to see who would be saved and choose them, but salvation is because of God, yet you say God had to look forward to see who would be saved and choose them, but salvation is because of God, yet you say God had to look forward to see who would be saved and choose them, (ad infinitum). There is never a point where God just chose who He would save, by the pleasure of His good will, and saved them. That is the only way to escape the loop, yet, you don't believe that ever happened.
You have lost it
I stated nothing about merit
if you are going to, call me out call me out on something I hold

And faith/repentance are conditions

You have lost it

The above is untrue and misleading: you teach and breathe meritorious election. @armylngst nailed you.

It could be possible you are so blind that you cannot see it, but, I'm not betting on that, I believe it is willful.

Oh, and for the record, faith and repentance are granted by God, but that is more of you attempting to make it something a man does, some condition he must achieve to support your meritorious salvation.

You are theologically inept.

The above is untrue and misleading: you teach and breathe meritorious election. @armylngst nailed you.

It could be possible you are so blind that you cannot see it, but, I'm not betting on that, I believe it is willful.

Oh, and for the record, faith and repentance are granted by God, but that is more of you attempting to make it something a man does, some condition he must achieve to support your meritorious salvation.

You are theologically inept.
You are bearing false witness aqain

It seems a common practice you indulge in

BTW if I am inept you are hopeless

You have lost it

They are not conditions for God's choosing, silly. Merit is the same as conditions, perhaps not so exact that you won't be nitpicky. Being strong because you worked out is a merit, as well as a condition for being chosen to be in the World's Strongest Man competition. Something you are/do. Since when has the Bible said that faith and repentance are a condition for God to choose you in Him before the foundation of the world? It is not explicitly mentioned, anywhere. In fact, it would cause a reality shattering paradox.

You are bearing false witness aqain

It seems a common practice you indulge in

BTW if I am inept you are hopeless
He got you there with the whole "Oh, and for the record, faith and repentance are granted by God, but that is more of you attempting to make it something a man does, some condition he must achieve to support your meritorious salvation." It is true, they are granted by God. It is an understanding of the implicit message that wraps up the whole New Testament, just like the trinity. (The trinity is also an implicit message that wraps up the whole New Testament, kind of the bow on Salvation. Not only is Jesus the Son of God, He is God, the second person of the trinity.)

He got you there with the whole "Oh, and for the record, faith and repentance are granted by God, but that is more of you attempting to make it something a man does, some condition he must achieve to support your meritorious salvation." It is true, they are granted by God. It is an understanding of the implicit message that wraps up the whole New Testament, just like the trinity. (The trinity is also an implicit message that wraps up the whole New Testament, kind of the bow on Salvation. Not only is Jesus the Son of God, He is God, the second person of the trinity.)
And granted does not mean irresistably effectually instilled

and faith is not meritorious as Paul shows

Rom. 3:26–27 —KJV
“To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.”

and it is the condition upon which regeneration, justification , reception of the Spirit, salvation are predicated

Back