God Has A Design For His Church

No salvation by works anywhere in there, dog. You simply ain't as great as you think you are.
I never said anything about works.

You bet you did:

"My salvation is primarily dependent on my own thought's, beliefs, and actions as I go through this life."

This was no accident, of course, because that is exactly what the RCC teaches.

We have to do something don't we? It's either accept or reject the Lord, no?

That is not all your sect teaches you must DO to merit eternal life.

Actually, your sect leaders teach that sinners don't need to accept Christ at all to be saved....just as long as they are "good" people that "do their best" with "the light they have."

LOL.

No, you can't. That's why you haven't shown us where Mary's sinlessness, Mary's perpetual virginity, Mary's ascension, prayers to dead Mary, or your latest silliness, that our salvation is the result of our own choices.

I would think the most obvious would be Ephesians 1:5, which literally says we have been predestined.

And then, there are also:

Romans 8:29-30
Romans 9:11
Ephesians 1:11

There are many more, but since you've shown that you don't take God's Word seriously, nor are you sincere in your questions, that's all you get.
That's another thing that never existed for over 1500 plus years. Who is teaching you this nonsense?

You bet you did:

"My salvation is primarily dependent on my own thought's, beliefs, and actions as I go through this life."
Nope. You are trying to make YOUR thoughts MY thoughts. Are you God all rolled up into one person? The judging and misrepresentations are out of control here.

Nope. Too late. You already said that the Gospel is crazy.
Stop trying to say what I am saying, you really do not have a clue. It's no wonder there are thousands of your sects out there, each one tries to outdo each other with their own truth.

You bet you did:

Nope. You are trying to make YOUR thoughts MY thoughts.

You are the second devout Catholic in two days to object to people believing what you said. :rolleyes:

LOL.

All we need to do is read your words. They are your own. If you were in error the first time and did not mean what you said, you are free to self correct.

I never said anything about works. That passage sustains my claim that we are part of our own salvation through - wait for it - making the correct choice and choosing Christ. We have to do something don't we? It's either accept or reject the Lord, no?
Didn't you see the verses i quoted where God calls us? God chooses us? We don't choose Him, He chooses us.....from the foundation of the world. Where were you when God made that choice before the earth was even formed? Its all a gift. Its all from Him.

You are another one that misses the mark. I never said we can earn our own salvation, but we are a part of the salvation process by the choices each of us make. Is that right or wrong?
So you would choose not to rely on God's grace and mercy, instead making His favor dependent on something you have done, and making Him a debtor.

Christ dies to secure for us something that we cannot do. At all.

Blessed are the poor in spirit.

πτωχός - Poor, beggar, destitute

• Same word used in Luke 14, included with the maimed, the lame, and the blind as one who cannot recompense.
  • Same word used in Luke 16, Lazarus was a beggar who had nothing and begged for mercy to eat just the crumbs.
  • Same word in Luke 21, the widow who gave two mites, which was the only thing she had to live. You'll say she took an action. Her action was that she loved God enough that she was willing to die for Him. We love God because He first loved us. It isn't a choice, it is a reaction.
  • Same word in Revelation 3, poor, and blind, and naked. Can't see to choose, so poor can't even manage to get some clothes.
And in many other places. The word is not "poor, but able to provide something to survive". It is "completely destitute, unable to provide anything, reliant on the grace and mercy of another". The other is God. Blessed are the poor in spirit, who cannot brag that they made a choice, like they were looking at stocks and they had the wisdom to make the right pick. It is God that started the good work within us, and it is God who will complete it. If it was up to me to make the right choice I'd still be lost.

You are the second devout Catholic in two days to object to people believing what you said. :rolleyes:

LOL.

All we need to do is read your words. They are your own. If you were in error the first time and did not mean what you said, you are free to self correct.
I know it's hard to understand, but we ourselves decide things with our own thoughts and beliefs. Either accepting or rejecting Christ is something that each of us does, so yes, we all have our own part to play concerning salvation. You can't save me and I can't save you, that is something that the individual needs to decide for him or herself.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Yet we are told to ignore false teachers, that is what your teachers are.

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 Cor 11:13+

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

So you would choose not to rely on God's grace and mercy
There you go, making another assumption. Again, something I never said. Boy, you are all batting 1000 today when is comes to saying what another person said.

Christ dies to secure for us something that we cannot do. At all.
Yes, Christ died for everything, but we each make a choice on accepting him one way or another.

Blessed are the poor in spirit.
Oh yes, they are blessed.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, who cannot brag that they made a choice,
Who's bragging about making a choice? I am simply saying a choice has to be made one way or the other. You really need to stop with the assumptions, you are not all wise and knowing.

If it was up to me to make the right choice I'd still be lost.
I see, so you willingly did not embrace Christ, is that what you are trying to say? You made no particular choice to accept or reject him? I am glad I made the right choice.

So, just believing in Christ and one is saved is now out of the protestor community? I'm shocked at this turn of events, shocked I tell you!
Showing you do not understand what they believe at all. Even satan believes, so you must believe he is saved. Works don't save, just believing that Jesus exists wont save, you must be missing something about the real belief of real believers. Try again.

Back