WHOSE RIGHTEOUS?

I asked you a simple question: what in Romans 4 does Paul say is credited/imputed to us as righteousness, as it was to Abraham? It is one little word, ding...why is it so...difficult for you to write the answer?

One little word....but oh, so big in a believer's salvation!
It was a simple question and it remains unanswered. I often wonder if deep down they know the truth but do not want to acknowledge it, because it means we have to trust Jesus with our salvation and we cannot earn it for ourselves.

I asked you a simple question: what in Romans 4 does Paul say is credited/imputed to us as righteousness, as it was to Abraham? It is one little word, ding...why is it so...difficult for you to write the answer?

One little word....but oh, so big in a believer's salvation!

You are asking me whose righteousness is imputed to us. Scripture doesn't say that anyone's righteousness is imputed to us. The reason it doesn't say is because no one's righteousness is imputed to us. It is a false doctrine to be avoided.

You are asking me whose righteousness is imputed to us. Scripture doesn't say that anyone's righteousness is imputed to us. The reason it doesn't say is because no one's righteousness is imputed to us. It is a false doctrine to be avoided.
Yes, it does--it says we have God's righteousness, when we are in Christ Jesus. We have quoted Bible verses that state that. But you refuse to see it.

"9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith." (Phil. 3)

Paul had God's righteousness which is through faith in Jesus Christ. His righteousness comes from God.

"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

We become God's righteousness in Jesus Christ. And righteousness is a gift.

"For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus ChrisT (Romas 5:17)

WHO gives us this gift, ding?

Strong's 3049
to reckon, count, compute, calculate, count over
  1. to take into account, to make an account of
    1. metaph. to pass to one's account, to impute

Romans 4:6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
4:11 though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,

4:22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

4: 23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, 24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead,

I asked WHAT IS IMPUTED to us as righteousness, in Romans 4. Paul states very clearly what it is. Why can't you?

"5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their FAITH is credited as righteousness."

So, what did Paul says is credited to us as righteousness? It is a what, not a "who" in this verse.

What word did Paul say is credited to us as righteousness? I bolded and capitalized it for you, so you cannot fail to see it.

What word, ding?

2 Cor 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Romans 3:22 And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction,
Yep, plain as day. We become God's righteousness. And that righteousness is a gift! :) Praise God from whom all blessings flow, including HIS righteousness gifted to us!

Yes, it does--it says we have God's righteousness, when we are in Christ Jesus. We have quoted Bible verses that state that. But you refuse to see it.

"9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in[a] Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith." (Phil. 3)

Paul had God's righteousness which is through faith in Jesus Christ. His righteousness comes from God.

"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

We become God's righteousness in Jesus Christ. And righteousness is a gift.

"For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus ChrisT (Romas 5:17)

WHO gives us this gift, ding?
Scripture doesn't that God's righteousness is imputed to us.

Strong's 3049

Romans 4:6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
4:11 though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,

4: 23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, 24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead,
Yes, and Paul gives us an example of what reckoned as righteousness means by quoting Psalm 32. Psalm 32 is about the forgiveness of sins.

Scripture doesn't that God's righteousness is imputed to us.
Yes, it does. It says that we become the righteousness of God. God's righteousness. And that righteousness is a gift.

Now, when are you going to answer my simple question about Romans 4? WHAT did Paul say is imputed/credited to us as righteousness? It is plain as day what he wrote. One little word, dingoling. What did Paul say is credited/imputed to us as righteousness, as it was to Abraham?

"5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their FAITH is credited as righteousness."

What did Paul say? What little word did he say is credited/imputed to us as righteousness? I bolded and capitalized it, so you cannot possibly miss it--unless you refuse to see it.

Strong's 3049

Yes, and Paul gives us an example of what reckoned as righteousness means by quoting Psalm 32. Psalm 32 is about the forgiveness of sins.
I asked WHAT IS IMPUTED to us as righteousness, in Romans 4. Paul states very clearly what it is. Why can't you?

So, what did Paul says is credited to us as righteousness? It is a what, not a "who" in this verse.

What word did Paul say is credited to us as righteousness? I bolded and capitalized it for you, so you cannot fail to see it.

What word, ding?
We have not been imputed with the righteousness of Christ. That is a false teaching and very misleading. Avoid it at all cost.

We have not been imputed with the righteousness of Christ. That is a false teaching and very misleading. Avoid it at all cost.
Romans 3:22 And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no distinction,

righteousness
from God
to believers

It doesn't say that it is imputed to us.
but these verses do...

but these verses do...

It is reckoned as righteousness. It is not imputed in the way you are teaching that it is.

Back